Asia Pacific / Singapore / / Singapore
Client Service & Sales
#: 77681-en_US / 77681
Associate Director (Market Research and Client Leadership) – 77681
Client Services and Sales
Our insights impact businesses around the world. As an Associate Director, you will help the team to bring high-quality and up-to-date data to our clients, every day.
- You will report to the Country Manager of the Nielsen Media business in the Singapore office.
- Leverage your expertise to manage and grow both existing and new client accounts to ensure we deliver the highest quality of research to our clients.
- Work with dynamic teams of mid-level researchers (comprising of Managers and Executives) to manage and execute market research studies for our local and global clients.
- Review and finalized draft designs (i.e. questionnaires, analytic plans, reports, presentations) prepared by team members.
- Translate data to insights, create compelling stories and powerful synthesis of findings to drive high impact business decisions through insightful and actionable recommendations.
- Actively drive issue-based analyses, build effective analytical presentations and consultative storytelling to clients and presenting to the clients including C-suite management in a straight-forward way.
- Provide ideas and thoughtful insights into new ideas and initiatives for clients, showing competency, mastery and consultative influential skill.
- Develop and maintain open-channel communication with top-level clients to create and foster business opportunities.
- Lead and promote strategic conversations and meetings with clients, which result in traceable business opportunities
- Further foster strategic clients’ relationship with the aim to provide an impactful solution to clients’ business issues.
- Inspiring the team and building a good team culture with active engagement in driving team spirit.
- Actively seek opportunities to create team diversity in background, opinion, and mindset.
- Establish an open culture in which team members are challenged but treated with respect and rewarded as appropriate.
- Good team resource management leading to on-time delivery & meeting quality expectations.
- Be accountable for the team's financial KPIs (revenue and margin commitment).
- Drives and grows Nielsen business in revenue and margin (for repeat clients).
- Fluency in financial processes, compliance with Nielsen financial strategy and KPIs.
- Drive company initiatives and reinforce key messages.
- Be current with the latest developments in market research and constantly suggest refinements to current processes and approaches.
- You should have at least 8 years of working experience in market research (agency side)
- You should be recognized having expertise in Quantitative Media Studies with strong market research technical skills, well-versed and hands-on experience across research solutions.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills with a high degree of professionalism, excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to synthesize a huge amount of data to derive key insights to drive high impact business decisions.
- Candidate needs to be mentally agile, working deep in the Media domain across different players in the value chain, from traditional media owners to digital publishers, from agencies to advertisers.
- Self-motivated and drive and the ability to work under pressure.
- Experience managing people/team.
- Experience in managing a high volume of complex quantitative research studies.
- Experience analyzing a broad array of data types (e.g. qualitative research, media currencies).
- Highly collaborative, open to novel ideas and can build strong relationships with external clients and internal business partners.
About the team
Globally, Nielsen Media empowers media companies and advertisers to plan, activate and measure their content and related audiences in the new media landscape. Our Client Service and Sales team operates as a link between Production and Clients, covering all post-sales retail measurement services. We are aimed to provide our Clients best in class servicing and on-time data delivery, enhancing their satisfaction of the Nielsen core products.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Singapore