Asia Pacific / Australia / / Macquarie Park
Marketing & Communications
#: 106865-en_US / 106865
Associate Director, Pacific Marketing Communications – 106865
Marketing and Communications – Australia Macquarie Park, New South Wales
ABOUT THE ROLE
The International Marcoms team protects and builds the reputation of Nielsen’s brand and supports the highest value revenue opportunities. We do this by clear and creative marketing and communications campaigns that engage and educate our associates and external audiences. We generate commercial leads, help tell smart stories and create demand for our products and services.
You will report to the APAC Marcoms leader and will be held accountable for the daily marketing and communications activities, both internal and external to drive growth in the Pacific. You will do so according to global, regional and local guidelines in order to meet the business plan. Activities include events management, promotion and branding materials development, website and digital/social media management and internal communications and engagement.
The position has direct responsibility for supporting the marketing and communications activities undertaken in their region despite being based in one country.
Commercial support / RFP’s
- Have a comprehensive understanding of RFP documentation and resources. Be able to pull together a quality output based on content from the commercial teams without assistance.
- Lead the planning, execution and localisation of new product launches/enhancements/materials
- Lead commercial campaigns to generate interest around existing products to drive revenue aligned with the sales focus
- Ensure Nielsen’s suite of products is supported by up-to-date marketing collateral, client communications and digital / website outputs
- Responsible for the creation and localisation of media releases and collating and updating of local media exposure metrics
- Respond to media enquiries
- Taken media training and coach our business leaders on how to respond to reporters.
- Successfully builds relationships with reporters.
- Coordinate in-house and external industry events for Nielsen including invitations and follow up communications campaigns
- Work with local teams to identify presenters and topics for targeted industry events which demonstrate Nielsen’s strengths and capabilities
Client / internal communications
- Work with key stakeholders to support the creation of engaging and digitally advanced internal and client communications and tools
- Provide hands-on support in the exploring and execution of digital communications tools and measurable technology
- Maintain library of client communications and ensure dissemination of any new materials to regional teams
- Establish and maintain open communication channels with Nielsen associates and clients via newsletters, email blasts, and other regular or ad hoc channels tapping into local, regional and global trends to provide updates on products, reports, insights, etc.
- Own and formulate local crisis management responses to minimise negative press coverage and revenue impact. Work closely with regional leaders for relevant input.
- Create regular editorial content (insights articles, press releases, reports, perspectives) to showcase the value our Nielsen data can bring to the industry
- Upload content onto Nielsen.com through WordPress
- Creation of social posts
- Social monitoring for Pacific
- Measure the impact of our efforts
- Document steps and processes for maximum efficiency
- Be creative and strive to always think differently
- 8+ years experience in B2B Marketing, Media, and/or Sales
- Confident communicator with exceptional attention to detail, along with the proven ability to consistently make sound judgments and an ability to address business and technical audiences
- Experience leading multi-practice teams toward a common deliverable on frequently accelerated timeframes
- Strong collaborator and mentor with the ability to bring out the best in talent and effectively motivate and manage teams
- Excellent organization, project management and problem-solving skills
- Amazing writing and PowerPoint/Slides skills and be able to tell a cohesive story through a narrative or a deck
- Must be intellectually curious and collaborative, “humble, hungry and smart” with a strong work ethic
- Relationship building skills with the ability to interface with senior executives and experts across the organization
- Have a roll up your sleeves and get it done attitude – it is not enough to have great ideas, you must be able to get stuff done
- Playing well with others is a must. We work as a team and have no room for egos
- Be able to cultivate relationships inside and outside the organization
- Work independently on a small team with a tremendous amount of responsibility
- Be able to work in a dynamic environment where new projects and pop-ups often
- This position reports directly to the APAC Marcoms leader.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The International Marketing Communications team protects and builds the reputation of Nielsen’s brand and supports the highest value revenue opportunities. We do this by clear and creative marketing and communications campaigns that engage and educate our associates and external audiences. We generate commercial leads, help tell smart stories and create demand for our products and services.
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Macquarie Park,New South Wales