Asia Pacific / Australia / NSW / Macquarie Park
Client Service & Sales
#: 74063-en_US / 74063
Associate Director, Sales [Gracenote] – 74063
Client Services and Sales – Australia Macquarie Park, New South Wales
Gracenote is the world’s leading entertainment metadata provider powering the world’s top music services, automakers, cable and satellite operators, and consumer electronics companies.
At its core, Gracenote helps people find, discover and connect with the entertainment they love. Daily, Gracenote processes 35 billion rows of metadata and is quickly becoming a world-leader in return path “big data.” Over the past 3 years, the company has grown to more than 2000 employees in 17 countries, including over 600 of the world’s top engineers with a passion for music, video, sports, and entertainment technology.
This role will require you to identify and drive revenue growth for Gracenote’s growing suite of metadata products with technology companies, IP TV/ cable operators, equipment manufacturers, broadcast networks, cable networks, program distributors, program syndicators and software developers who may license Gracenote products and services in Australia & New Zealand, in addition to managing existing local accounts
About the role
This position reports to the VP, Asia Sales and will regularly collaborate with the Gracenote C-Level executives, Product Managers, Business Development, Finance and HR Teams on ANZ revenue strategy, and partnership opportunities.
- Use a thoroughly honed sales process which includes prospecting and developing relationships, analyzing needs and opportunities, negotiating contract terms, documenting activity and thoroughly following up on issues pertaining to the sale and delivery of services to customers.
- Manage accountability and performance for exceeding individual revenue targets on a quarterly basis.
- Assist in the development of the ANZ revenue plan, specifically advising on realistic forecasts for each product in the local territory (based on historical data, market trends, competitive activity, and promotional strategy and sales effort).
- Monitor pending cancellation activity and implement strategies to ensure customer retention.
- Implement programs for improving and monitoring sales performance and productivity.
- Communicate with operations to deliver products and services to customers.
- Identify new business opportunities and improve current products by maintaining a strong working knowledge of industry trends and competitive threats.
- Assist with the developing and implementing competitive sales pricing and marketing strategies that allow Gracenote to compete and win with our Australian & NZ customers.
- Work with internal stakeholders to drive product development and continuous improvement; coordinate targeted marketing campaigns and be the voice of Gracenote with major strategic customers.
- Proven track record of sales revenue execution within the content/media services/metadata space at the $5-10 Million + volume level.
- Track record of 5+ years of executive-level strategic sales combined with exceptional tactical execution.
- Exceptional executive poise, communication, leadership, presentation, time management, multi-tasking and organization skills.
- Solid track record of good business judgment and instincts.
- Proficiency with salesforce.com essential.
- Minimum requirement of Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or related field preferred.
- Ability to travel as required.
Our passion for music, TV and sports is at the heart of everything we do. But what really makes us tick is our people. From Emeryville to Tokyo and Queensbury to Sydney, we are building the team that’s going to disrupt the digital universe. This starts by creating a workplace where all things entertainment are celebrated and innovation can come from anyone. If you are interested in being mission-critical and on the leading edge of global entertainment technology then please contact us today!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
We’re in tune with what the world is watching, buying, and everything in between. If you can think of it, we’re measuring it. We sift through the small stuff and piece together big pictures to provide a comprehensive understanding of what’s happening now and what’s coming next for our clients. Today’s data is tomorrow’s marketplace revelation.
We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 100 countries. From global industry leaders to small businesses, consumer goods to media companies, we work with them all. We’re bringing in data 24/7 and the possibilities are endless. See what’s next with us at Nielsen: careers.nielsen.com
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Macquarie Park,New South Wales