Africa and Middle East / Qatar / / Doha
Client Service & Sales
#: 102603-en_US / 102603
We have a unique and exceptional role based on-site with our client in Doha, Qatar. Working across multi-market projects we are looking to build a truly international team to support these projects and our client, one of the largest Media Owners in the world. As such we are looking for a Associate Director to project manage and ensure superlative delivery across all key stakeholder needs. We help our clients understand and drive the success of their business’, we aim to always delight them, to go above and beyond. As such we are looking for those important traits in you.
The role will involve working and guiding a high performing team, running a number of research projects across multiple countries, from inception through to using the data to inform and shape the content and strategy of our client. Remaining ahead of audiences in today’s media landscape is a challenge, considering the fragmentation of time-spent with media, devices and the fact that audiences across the globe want up-to-date content at all times. Our role with our client is to determine exactly who their current audience is, across TV and digital platforms, and across markets and continents. We will also determine core audience segments to ensure our client is focused on who to target, where and how. We will understand how people feel about their content, what drives them in, what drives them away.
Given the scope and complexities of the project we are keen to recruit a self-starter who has significant experience of working in market research or project management within a traditional research agency, broadcaster or media agency.
- Deliver best in class actionable insights through high quality and strategic reporting
- Work as part of an international high performing team
- Sit on-site and consult with the client as our Nielsen representative
- Provide high quality client service and developing long term, positive relationship with the client
- Provide a senior presence at the client with ultimate responsibility for the quality of service provided and insight created
- Add value to the client by providing advice, consultancy and a high level of interpretation and direction, where appropriate
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Look to improve profitability through project/solution efficiencies and resourcing
- Oversee the management of all live projects, ensuring that relevant meetings take place – initiation, mid-project update, product handling, field, data processing and data analysis briefings, debrief planning and post-mortems
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
Qualifications and Skills:
- To be a self-starter
- Knowledge and interest in media
- A genuine passion and curiosity for research
- Ability to blend insights from different data sets to provide an over-arching narrative
- Strong primary research skills from brief to analysing data and translating into a story with impactful and actionable insights
- Excellent project management, organisational and time management skills
- Strong at building relationships both internally and externally, ability to network across functions and seniority both internally and externally
- Confidence in presenting internally and externally and excellent interpersonal skills
- To be literate and proficient in PowerPoint and Excel (incl. pivot tables); Google sheets, slides, drives etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- To be educated to degree level (or equivalent) 2.1 in a business discipline or equivalent relevant experience
Nielsen Holdings plc is a global measurement and data analytics company that provides the most complete and trusted view available of consumers and markets worldwide. Nielsen is divided into two business units. Nielsen Global Media, the arbiter of truth for media markets, provides media and advertising industries with unbiased and reliable metrics that create a shared understanding of the industry required for markets to function. Nielsen Global Connect provides consumer packaged goods manufacturers and retailers with accurate, actionable information and insights and a complete picture of the complex and changing marketplace that companies need to innovate and grow.
Our approach marries proprietary Nielsen data with other data sources to help clients around the world understand what’s happening now, what’s happening next, and how to best act on this knowledge.