North America / United States / NY / New York City
#: 110411-en_US / 110411
Associate Product Manager – Remote USA – 110411
Product Leadership – USA New York, New York
Nielsen Sports is the premier provider of analytics and insights within the sports industry, offering the most reliable source of independent and holistic market data in the sector and the most complete view of consumer trends and habits worldwide. We combine solutions from sponsorship effectiveness to fan data capabilities with Nielsen’s understanding of consumer behavior and media consumption, allowing major brands, teams and sports organizations, and over 1,700 customers globally to better understand and connect with audiences through media, sponsorship, communication and experiential platforms.
The Associate Product Manager will be contributing to product development for core media products within our Sports group. Our core media valuation products are the largest products within Nielsen Sports, using AI & Machine Learning to help our Rights Holder and Sports Brand clients understand value within the Advertising Sponsorship industry. As a data company, our goal is to provide data innovation and speed of delivery to our top tier clients. Data analysis, process management and software development skills are critical skills for this role.
- Develop a thorough understanding of customer requirements and internal workflows, including internal customer requirements
- Ensure that product definition, engineering, content development, and other aspects of product development come together seamlessly throughout the product lifecycle
- Work with clients and commercial teams to identify key client features for incorporation into the product
- Work closely with engineers and technical product managers to prioritize and manage product issues and backlogs
- Serve as a product expert and ambassador for internal teams and with clients
- Effectively collaborate with stakeholders from technology, operations, sales, and other functions
- Bachelor’s degree. Computer Science, Engineering or Data Science preferred.
- 0-3 years of increasing responsibility in Product development/product management, data analytics, product design or similar roles
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Desire to work in a fast-paced and fluid entrepreneurial environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A sense of ownership and ability to drive issues to closure
- Ability to listen to multiple perspectives, then make data-driven decisions
- Critical thinking skills and ability to concisely represent a point of view
- Ability to operate independently
- Experience in social, sports, sponsorship or analytics is a plus
- Bonus: passion for user experience, visual design, design thinking
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: New York,New York
Secondary Locations: , , ,