Asia Pacific / Malaysia / Selangor / Petaling Jaya /
Finance & Corporate Development
#: 743999730248887 / REF1406V
Nielsen is building talent pipelines to meet future hiring demand. This is a pipeline role, while there is not an immediate opening, we want to build relationships with prospective candidates like you. If your background is a match to our requirements, we’ll follow up with the exploratory conversation.
ABOUT THIS JOB
Administer, review and validate sales contracts in order to recognize revenue and establish a billing plan in accordance with Global and Regional policies and procedures. Partner with relevant Client Service teams to drive USGAAP & statutory compliance. Support all other revenue and billing processes including closing and reconciliations.
- Administer sales contract and order processing for the respective country in coordination with Client Service
- Prepare billing runs and perform month-end activities related to revenue and receivables
- Work with Revenue Controlling team to support their deliverables, including:
– Customer invoicing, credit management, and customer credit verification.
– Accounts Receivable management including cash collection and allocation
– Revenue recognition
- Support revenue closing activities, including accruals, provisions and reconciliations, are appropriate and accurate and are performed in accordance with US-GAAP/Stat rules, Global COE processes, and together with the Operational Controller.
- Perform revenue recognition in accordance with US-GAAP criteria and maintain relevant documentation for auditing purposes
- Ensure revenue accounting is appropriate and accurate is performed in accordance with US-GAAP
- Provide regional input on revenue reporting to the Revenue Controller
- Perform the controls on revenue processes in scope and ensure adequate controllership is maintained at all times; flag to the Revenue Controller in exceptional cases
- Ensure regional statutory compliance related to revenue accounting; monitor and provide guidance on related statutory and tax accounting, reporting, and audit
- Assist the Revenue Controller locally on IT/Digital projects pertaining to revenue processes (i.e. SAP OTI , Salesforce, Google, etc.) for respective market or region
- Identify and recommend process improvements to evolve the revenue function
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU
A successful Revenue Associate will ensure all basic key performance indicators pertaining to contract processing and revenue accounting are achieved for the respective market. S/he will have built a successful working relationship with Client Service.
- Degree in Finance or Accounting preferred
- Minimum 1 years of working experience in Accounts Receivable.
- Experience working in a multinational, multi-cultural environment is an additional advantage
- Experience working with remote counterparts
- Knowledge and experience with local statutory requirements and statutory audits (Local GAAP, statutory financial statements, tax calculations, VAT returns) preferred
- Experience with ERP systems (preferably SAP) preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel & Powerpoint and/ or Google Spreadsheet & Slides
- Good client service skills and able to communicate and write effectively in English