Asia Pacific / Singapore / / Singapore
Finance & Corporate Development
#: 77863-en_US / 77863
Revenue Controller – SG, MY & ID – 77863
Finance and Corporate Development – Singapore
As a Revenue Associate Global Financial Controlling COE, you will administer, review and validate sales contracts in order to recognize revenue and establish a billing plan in accordance with Global and Regional policies and procedures. Partner with relevant Client Service teams to drive USGAAP & statutory compliance.
Support all other revenue and billing processes including closing and reconciliations.
- Administer sales contract and order processing for the respective country in coordination with Client Service
- Prepare billing runs and perform month-end activities related to revenue and receivables
- Work with Revenue Controlling team to support their deliverables, including Customer invoicing, credit management, and customer credit verification
- Accounts Receivable management including cash collection and allocation
- Support revenue closing activities, including accruals, provisions and reconciliations, are appropriate and accurate and are performed in accordance with US-GAAP/Statrules, Global COE processes, and together with the Operational Controller
- Perform revenue recognition in accordance with US-GAAP criteria and maintain relevant documentation for auditing purposes
- Ensure revenue accounting is appropriate and accurate is performed in accordance with US-GAAP
- Provide regional input on revenue reporting to the Revenue Controller
- Perform the controls on revenue processes in scope and ensure adequate controllership is maintained at all times; flag to the Revenue Controller in exceptional cases
- Ensure regional statutory compliance related to revenue accounting; monitor and provide guidance on related statutory and tax accounting, reporting, and audit
- Assist the Revenue Controller locally on IT/Digital projects pertaining to revenue processes (i.e. SAP OTI , Salesforce, Google, etc.) for respective market or region
- Identify and recommend process improvements to evolve the revenue function
Leadership: Curious, Collaborative, Inclusive, Proactive, Accountable, Committed
Financial: Global COE and Internal Control metrics, Internal and External Audit observations, Adherence to closing deadlines
- Degree in Finance or Accounting preferred
- Fluency in English and local language mandatory; third regional language preferred
- Experience working in a multinational, multi-cultural environment
- Experience working with remote counterparts
- Experience working in Finance & some legal contract exposure preferred
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Singapore