Greater China / Taiwan / / Taipei
Finance & Corporate Development
#: 74961-en_US / 74961
Associate Revenue Controller – 74961
Finance and Corporate Development – Taiwan Taipei, Northern Taiwan
ABOUT THIS JOB
Manage all China revenue processes, including proposal pipeline system support, sales orders and contracts, revenue recognition and accounting, and collections. Maintain compliance with Global COE standards. Ensure effective internal controls associated with revenue & collections processes are in place and continuously monitored.
- Partner with China Client Service to support sales proposal and contract entry by Client Service, clarify USGAAP/Stat rules and contract interpretation, and provide training
- Adopt a Global & Regional COE agenda and link in with the respective regional COE hub to ensure adequate management of and reporting on the following:
- Customer invoicing, credit management, and customer credit verification
- Accounts Receivable management including cash collection and allocation
- Revenue recognition
- Support China revenue closing activities, including accruals, provisions, and reconciliations, are appropriate and accurate and are performed in accordance with co/Stat rules, Global COE processes, and together with the Operational Controller
- Support China FP&A and Finance Business Partner to provide clarity on orders and contracts, revenue, billing and receivables, and credit management
- Provide Global/Regional COE with input for Revenue-related reporting
- Assist Revenue Controller on controls on revenue processes and ensuring adequate controllership is maintained at all times; take action on flagged control misses
- Support regional statutory compliance related to revenue accounting; monitor and provide guidance on related statutory and tax accounting, reporting, and audit
- Support the China Operational Controller during audits (CAS, statutory, VAT, etc) based on the predefined way of work according to Global/Regional COE standards
- Support locally IT/Digital projects pertaining to revenue processes (i.e. SAP OTI, Salesforce, Google, etc.) for the respective market(s)
- Support the Regional Revenue Controller, Global & Regional COE Leaders on all other projects pertaining to the scope of the Greater China market
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU
The ideal candidate should possess strong analytical skills, exceptional problem-solving skills, a flair for numbers, be highly organized, and have excellent leadership skills. The noteworthy Revenue Controller should streamline our accounting functions and operations, provide financial analysis and reports, handle business finance issues, promote regulatory compliance, and drive income generation.
- Degree in Finance or Accounting preferred
- Minimum 4 years of working experience in finance and some legal contract exposure
- Experience working in a multinational, multi-cultural environment is an additional advantage
- Experience working with remote counterparts
- Knowledge and experience with local statutory requirements and statutory audits (Local GAAP, statutory financial statements, tax calculations, VAT returns) preferred
- Fluency in English and local language mandatory
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Taipei,Northern Taiwan ,