North America / United States / NY / New York City
#: 80673-en_US / 80673
Asst. Treasurer, Corp Finance – 80673
Legal – USA New York, New York
ABOUT THIS JOB
The Assistant Treasurer is one of four direct reports to the Treasurer and the leader of the Debt & Derivatives team within Treasury. With operations in 60 countries, Treasury is focused on reducing risk, improving control and standardizing practices across the globe. This position will lead the company’s capital market efforts, debt management, and FX and interest rate risk management activities and play a key role in meeting the company’s capital allocation objectives. In addition to managing two analysts, this position requires close collaboration with financial institutions, internal business units, FP&A, Controllership, Legal, and Tax. A high degree of knowledge and experience is required in the following disciplines: corporate financing, derivatives, foreign exchange, financial statements and core accounting principles, and tax. This position will evolve over time to incorporate the changing needs of the business units we support and the initiatives of the Treasury team.
- Work together with the Treasurer, SVP Investor Relations & Treasury, and CFO to develop and meet the company’s capital allocation objectives. Report on performance against objectives and make recommendations under different scenarios.
- Partner with the Assistant Treasurer, Treasury Operations to assess cash position and plan debt paydowns. Model funding and liquidity plans in partnership with the AT, Treasury Operations and FP&A.
- Analyze and recommend the optimal long term capital structure that aligns with our capital allocation objectives. Evaluate market opportunities and lead debt capital market transactions in line with this plan.
- Collaborate with the Treasurer to maintain credit agency relationships. Serve as the subject matter expert on rating agency adjustments and ratings criteria.
- Manage ongoing and occurrence based debt compliance deliverables.
- Manage FX and Interest rate risk, including hedge accounting.
- Partner with controllership and review Debt & Derivatives related external reporting, including 10-Q & 10-K footnotes and earnings
- Oversee Letters of Credit, Bank Guarantees and Parent Guarantees globally.
- Maintain strong financial and operational control framework. Maintain and develop policies and procedures. Utilize technology to support.
- Manage, coach, and develop two direct reports; one full time analyst and one rotational analyst.
- Work closely with the AT, Treasury Operations to align priorities, meet team objectives and build cohesion among the analysts on each team. Create career progression plans.
- 10+ years of Treasury experience at a multinational corporation. Sitting Assistant Treasurer strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree. MBA, CFA or CTP a plus but not a requirement
- Excellent communicator: Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills. Able to efficiently work with senior management, financial institutions and legal counsel. Other languages are a plus.
- Highly organized team leader: Demonstrated ability to set value based priorities and ensure timely and accurate completion on key milestones, adapting approach to deal with changing circumstances. This person communicates effectively with the team, addresses obstacles and monitors progress to deliver on commitments.
- Influencer: Is an effective advocate for the Finance organization. Can effectively influence people over whom they have no direct authority. Educates and guides internal teams.
- Accurate and honest: You are honest, very accurate and careful
- Process creator: Develops comprehensive processes to create standardization by identifying trends and patterns in work. Strong desire for continuous improvement and drive to execute changes.
- Passion for technology: Has a comfort and passion for learning and implementing new technology. Advanced proficiency in Excel and Microsoft Suite. Intermediate proficiency in Google Suite, expected to reach advanced over time. Leads Google Site content creation.
- Talent Multiplier: Invested in recruiting and developing associates within the Treasury team and more broadly across finance; including the Financial Leadership Program.
- Positive team player: Consistent role model for the team. Takes constructive criticism with a positive attitude; listens carefully, fosters team spirit. Transparently communicates within the team.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: New York,New York
Secondary Locations: CT – Wilton, , ,