North America / United States / NY / Offsite
Finance & Corporate Development
#: 110181-en_US / 110181
Associate, Corporate Audit Staff (CAS) – 110181
Finance and Corporate Development – USA Offsite, Offsite
Audit Associate (Corporate Audit Staff)
Nielsen’s Corporate Audit Staff (CAS) is a fast-paced, dynamic, and highly-selective team. CAS serves not only as
an independent internal audit function, but also as a leadership development program (not a traditional audit
shop) . CAS provides objective assurance over Nielsen’s reported financials and has reporting accountability to
Nielsen’s management team, Audit Committee, and External Audit partner. As Nielsen is a global enterprise,
CAS has audit responsibilities over 70+ countries. In addition to audit work, CAS engages in projects that
support process improvement and critical strategic initiatives to support Nielsen.
● Evaluate the effectiveness of internal controls by performing IT SOX and Finance audits. This includes
planning, scoping, testing, and drafting audit reports.
● Identify control deficiencies, inconsistencies, and/or incidents of fraud or misconduct.
● Present findings/recommendations to senior leaders. Partner with the business to develop
remediation plans and support best practice sharing.
● Be involved in non-standard audit engagements around upcoming risk areas like privacy, cyber
security and ESG.
● Provide independent assurance on business compliance with policy, governance, and internal controls.
● Contribute to the development of audit process improvements and efficiency, including the
development of automated routines.
● Work on high impact projects related to process improvement, analytics, financial reporting, etc. and
present results to senior leaders.
● Domestic and international travel is required (30-50%) pending COVID-19 precautions.
QUALIFICATIONS/ KEY SKILL SETS
● Bachelor’s degree in a related area (Finance, Accounting)
● Additional audit degrees/qualifications like CPA, CISA or if pursuing the same (preferable but not
● 1-2 years of experience in accounting, finance, auditing, or analytics (FP&A)
● Strong analytical, audit, investigative, and problem-solving/critical thinking skills
● Outstanding project management skills and the ability to deliver in a fast-paced environment and
manage multiple work streams
● Natural interpersonal skills; ability to effectively communicate across all levels of the organization and
across various cultures
● Advanced skills in Excel (imperative), Word, PowerPoint and Google Suite of products
● Understanding & execution of data analytics/visualization tools & process automation
● Strong communication skills with the ability to pitch out reports to senior leadership and have
productive discussions with external auditors
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Offsite,Offsite
Secondary Locations: NY – New York City, , ,
Travel: Yes, 25% of the Time