North America / United States / FL / Tampa – Oldsmar
Technology & Engineering
#: 81861-en_US / 81861
AWS Cloud/DevOps Engineer – 81861
Technology and Engineering – USA Tampa, Florida
We are part of The Nielsen Company and provide the industry's global standard for Internet and digital media measurement and analysis, offering technology-driven Internet information solutions for media, advertising, e-commerce and financial companies. We’re looking for a AWS DevOps Engineer who will be a hands on technology professional comfortable working in a DevOps environment. In this role, you'll use your technical ability and skills passion for Cloud, DevOps and setting up CI/CD pipelines. You will be responsible for all aspects of our build and deployment across AWS environments including scaling, provisioning, monitoring, and provisioning of AWS Infrastructure resources in an automated fashion
Candidates should work with cross functional engineering application teams and support their software and infrastructure platform.
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU
Do you have “Passion” and want to be a part of a whole journey where you will learn new things? Do you want to help produce innovative media measurement systems using modern software development techniques? If yes, then the Nielsen Media Technology team is where you should be.
- Build, maintain, and support production and non-production environments within AWS
- Drive automation and employ infrastructure as code approach when creating environments
- Closely working with our developer community to integrate with their CI/CD pipelines and creating a self-service experience that allows Devs to control their own destiny.
- Develop and document processes to support ongoing development, change control, and production maintenance
- Provide support for application deployments
- Enable site, performance monitoring and work with the dev teams on issue identification
- Build effective monitoring, alerts, and metrics for production services and applications
- Work with the sprint teams to provide support for the automation of environments.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or a related field
- Ability to configure Kubernetes-based infrastructure, networking policies, security, etc
- Support our Kubernetes based projects to resolve critical and complex technical issues.
- Scripting capability and the ability to develop AWS environments as code
- Public cloud automation tooling and scripting experience – CloudFormation, Terraform, Ansible, and/or Jenkins, etc.
- Experience in Linux or Unix environments (e.g. Redhat, CentOS)
- Knowledge of AWS cloud infrastructure environments and (AWS Cloud DevOps process/tools – CloudFormation, Code Pipeline, etc.)
- Experience with scripting languages such as Linux shell scripting, python or Ansible playbook
- Knowledge of AWS platform and several services (e.g. AMIs, Route53, VPC, EC2, S3, IAM, AWS CLI, EBS, ELB, SQS, CloudWatch, CloudTrail)
- Must have at least one AWS Associate or Professional Certification or equivalent experience
- Open to learning and adapting to new technologies
NICE TO HAVES
- Basic knowledge of CICD pipeline tools such as Jenkins, Octopus, etc.
- Knowledge on static/dynamic code analysis tools such as SonarQube
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Tampa,Florida
Secondary Locations: FL – Tampa – Oldsmar, , ,