India / India / MH / Mumbai
#: 98883-en_US / 98883
Nielsen is building talent pipelines to meet future hiring demand. This is a pipeline role, while there is not an immediate opening, we want to build relationships with prospective candidates like you. If your background is a match to our requirements, we’ll follow up with an exploratory conversation.
Bengali Translator – 98883
Gracenote – India Mumbai, Maharashtra
ABOUT THIS JOB
This role is responsible for our online video metadata, a key part of the Gracenote video data ingestion platform, consuming data from the digital catalogs of media outlets like Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, and iTunes and preparing that data for curation by Gracenote’s editorial teams.
Expect to spend about Create, curate and enhance metadata: both for currently airing TV programs, as well as maintaining a permanent library of TV program data. Proactively research information for TV and Movies assets. Initiate, track and maintain communication with broadcasters, and relevant content providers to achieve results.
- Candidate must be fluent in Bengali. He/she needs to be very well-versed with these languages – reading, understanding and writing.
- Candidate must be able to read and understand English language and translate the required data into multilingual languages.
- Candidate must also be able to transliterate the required metadata for the above language.
- Candidate must be able to research and rephrase content to avoid plagiarism.
- Candidate must be able to enrich/curate metadata for movies and TV shows.
- They must be able to understand translation concerns for multilingual data.
- They must be able to understand the cultural context of the language
- Any Graduate
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to maintain an upbeat and positive attitude at all times
- Ability to work in self-directed, fast-paced (nimble) environment
- Coordination skills and team player.
- Inquisitive and learning attitude.
- Logical thought process.
- Knowledge of different TV channels and TV shows will be desirable.
Gracenote provides metadata to the entertainment industry – sports, music, video, TV. You see Gracenote Video data every time you turn on your TV or stream on-demand programming. We’re a data company that works with data you, your friends and your family use every day.
These are the creators of the descriptions used to enrich our content metadata. Editors are wordsmiths; they write and edit movie and tv show descriptions.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action.
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, provides music, video, and sports content along with technologies to the world’s hottest entertainment products and brands. Gracenote is the global standard for music and video recognition which is supported by the largest source of entertainment data. Gracenote features descriptions of more than 200 million tracks, TV listings for 85+ countries and statistics from 4,500 sport leagues and competitions.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Mumbai,Maharashtra