North America / United States / IL / Chicago
Field Operations & Panel Recruitment
#: 83857-en_US / 83857
Bilingual Field Sales Representative – Chicago, IL – 83857
Field Operations and Panel Recruitment – USA Chicago, Illinois
Nielsen follows CDC guidelines for COVID. This position is a combination of in Field and Phone work. Nielsen will provide you with the (PPE) “Personal Protective Equipment” needed to be protected in the Field.
Nielsen fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. At the core of our data are our Field associates, who connect and build personal relationships with consumers to collect data on TV, Radio, and Digital Device consumption.
Our secret recipe for producing the Ratings is to marry technology with people. In order to do that, we have hundreds of Field Sales Representatives across the country recruiting people to participate in our Ratings panels. We are looking for passionate, persuasive and outgoing people to join our teams across the country.
What are some of the Field Sales Representative responsibilities?
As a Field Sales Representative, you are the face of Nielsen. How cool is that?
In this role, you:
● Travel to selected homes within a territory using a company-provided vehicle ● Approach statistically-selected homes (door to door) with or without an appointment ● Persuade selected households over the phone and/or in person to participate in Nielsen TV, Radio and Computer Research
○ Participation in a Nielsen study is an opportunity for their voice to be heard, to represent their community, and be part of important research that companies rely on to make better decisions about the products and services they offer
● Approach statistically selected addresses in all types of areas .
○ Any home in any area could potentially become a Nielsen Household
● Conduct in-person interviews in panelist’s homes
● Navigate secured buildings, gated communities, stairs, elevators, walkways and driveways (paved and unpaved) and a variety of entrances into a prospective participant's residence
What are the qualifications?
We are looking for passionate, persuasive and people-loving associates like you to join us. This role requires you to:
● Enjoy meeting and interacting with all types of people
● Demonstrate the ability to "sell” selected participants on the importance of participating in the Nielsen Ratings
● Bring relevant work or volunteer experience that includes customer service, market research, education, census bureau research, in-field research, hospitality , social service, door-to-door sales, campaign canvassing, etc.
● Work remotely and manage a non-traditional schedule that includes evenings and weekends ● Meet minimum education requirements: High School Diploma or GED with 2-5 years equivalent work experience
● Show proficiency using a tablet and smartphone including the use of e-mail, spreadsheets, and other computer applications
● Have a valid driver’s license, and satisfactory driving record
● Consistently meet individual performance metrics
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Chicago,Illinois
Secondary Locations: , , ,
Travel: Yes, 20% of the Time