Asia Pacific / Japan / / Tokyo
Client Service & Sales
#: 96001-en_US / 96001
Business Development Manager – 96001
Client Services and Sales – Japan Tokyo, Tokyo
ABOUT THE ROLE
Nielsen Sports is a trusted adviser and partner in sports and entertainment intelligence, helping our clients worldwide to maximize their commercial success. With our expansive suite of products and services, Nielsen Sports is uniquely positioned to provide insights and intelligence which help drive more effective decision-making for our clients.
We offer you an amazing opportunity to make a real difference working with some of the most respected and successful rights holders and brands in sports. Here you can be part of a diverse and talented international team with opportunity for personal and professional development. This role is challenging but varied and part of an entrepreneurial environment. Imagine working with many of the world’s largest sports rights holders, brands, agencies and broadcasters worldwide to help them better understand their fans and how they are consuming their content across a multitude of devices and screens.
As a Business Development Manager, you will take responsibility for the management of key areas of the new business.
- Working in the new business function for Japan including the day-to-day management of key areas including new business outreach, pipeline development and proposal building
- Quarterly sales revenue targets and driving business growth, both via successfully converting inbound leads with a high level of responsiveness and proactively building the team’s pipeline of new business development opportunities
- Working with the Management Team to create a new business strategy plan to proactively identify new growth opportunities, develop targeted sales strategies, and efficiently deliver on those strategies to build a strong and sustainable pipeline
- Accurately size up opportunity potential of prospects and prioritize activity planning and investment of internal resources
- Identify and understand potential clients’ business challenges and proactively present needs- based solutions that seek to meet client objectives and that effectively incorporates the full range of Nielsen Sports’ products, services, and solutions
- Create and deliver tailored proposals to respond to specific briefs and/or respond to RFPs. This includes engaging the relevant subject matter experts at the appropriate times in the process.
- Develop and maintain a close relationship with the Sales Manager to ensure strong sales coordination, and facilitate effective transitioning of new clients to Client Service teams.
- Work in close conjunction with subject matter experts such in Consulting, Research and Client Service teams to exchange knowledge, improve and design new ways of collaborative working and in the interest of better serving our clients
- Report weekly and monthly revenue figures, use sales KPI’s to track performance, demonstrate accurate forecasting, document all conversations and manage all sales opportunities via Salesforce.
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS
- 5-6 years of B2B sales or business development experience.
- Proven track record of executing new business plans, processes, roles and responsibilities
- Individual and team success on new business targets, using best practice models, project management techniques and KPI’s
- Experience building proposals, responding to RFPs and managing a sales pipeline
- A proven track record of building a strong pipeline of relevant opportunities to deliver against sales targets
- Successful networking skills
- Strong communication and relationship management skills
- Proficiency in using Salesforce, Microsoft and Google based technology
- Knowledge of the sports marketing industry
- Japanese – native level, English – conversational
ABOUT THE TEAM
Globally, Nielsen Media empowers media companies and advertisers to plan, activate and measure their content and related audiences in the new media landscape. Our Client Service and Sales team operates as a link between Production and Clients, covering all post-sales retail measurement services. We are aimed to provide our Clients best in class servicing and on-time data delivery, enhancing their satisfaction of the Nielsen core products.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Tokyo,Tokyo