North America / United States / NY / New York City
Client Service & Sales
#: 76821-en_US / 76821
Business Development Manager – 76821
Client Services and Sales – USA New York, New York
The Business Development Manager is a member of the Nielsen Ad Intel International team and will be dedicated to servicing global Advertisers and Advertising Agencies that are based in the Americas. The scope of this position ranges from understanding and selling Nielsen’s Ad Intel International suite of products, contract negotiating, retaining and upselling clients, pursuing new business, and working closely with other functions of the business (finance, legal, operations). In this role, the Business Development Manager will be responsible for growing revenue within the Americas, both through existing clients and new business.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong sales background and a proven track record of business development.
- Developing strategic new business and development plans by fully understanding and matching client needs
- Generating leads and sales opportunities to contribute towards sales revenue target
- Renewing and upselling existing client base
- Building and maintaining effective client relationships
- Delivering presentations to existing and prospective clients
- Partnering with connection points across Nielsen to develop and drive integrated solutions and service to client
- Managing day-to-day fiduciary duties to ensure efficient cash management and financial reporting to management
- Utilizing Salesforce to track the entire sales and contract renewal cycle, including forecasting
- Articulating an excellent understanding of each product and solution, and how the data can be used to improve business performance
- 4 – 6 years of experience in a sales role within the industry
- BA or BS in Marketing, Communications, Advertising, or related field
- Ability to work cross functionally in a team
- Understanding of the Media and Advertising industry
- Experience managing client relationships
- Strong Excel, PowerPoint, and Google skills
- High attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills, highly motivated, strong orientation toward client relationships
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to juggle multiple responsibilities simultaneously and work well with a diverse customer base and various internal teams
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: New York,New York
Secondary Locations: , , ,