North America / United States / FL / Offsite
#: 105341-en_US / 105341
Business Intelligence Lead – Digital Media – 105341
Operations – USA Offsite, Offsite
Business Intelligence Lead
The Business Intelligence (BI) Lead role is focused on creating and managing Bl and analytic solutions that turn data into knowledge for US Media Operations. This role will develop solutions providing data driven descriptive, prescriptive and predictive metrics that enable tactical and strategic decision making for improvement of panel quality, increased efficiency of field, call center, and other Operational workforce, improvement of internal and external field and call center audit results. Role requires use of a broad range of skills dealing with business intelligence, data extraction and report generation. Background in database management and business analysis required. Role requires the ability to partner with cross-functional teams, and interact with senior leaders to communicate recommendations for improvements to process quality and performance based on business intelligence, data analytics and metrics.
- Drive change and execute new initiatives utilizing robust data analytics that improve existing process quality and performance, and enable the organization to effectively adapt to change.
- Demonstrates business knowledge and serves as a subject matter expert, providing counsel and direction based on data driven findings.
- Partner with Audience Insights, Business Quality & Compliance (Internal Audit), Security, Operations, Data Science, and other cross-functional teams
- Use data driven analysis to drive best practices, standards, and quality.
- Understand databases and database design.
- Understands the context and impact of data and process flow while incorporating into the design. Able to create data and process flow diagrams that are accurate and easy to understand.
- Evaluate and develop service and process metrics that drive insights to operations performance and service delivery.
- Analyze data and design, develop and validate queries from complex relational databases using Alteryx, SQL, and VBA in order to meet goals and objectives resulting in improvements in process and procedures.
- Ability to translate requirements and develop prototypes that align with identified needs.
- Develop, deploy, maintain and automate Operations Transformation analytics dashboards and reports.
- Able to use a combination of data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Google Data Studio, Spotfire) and communication tools to clearly and effectively explain the problem, root cause and recommendations.
- Ability to automate, troubleshoot, and resolve process, applications and reporting issues.
- Implement good design practices that result in solutions that are scalable, easy to maintain, simple to use, and drive meaningful action for our end-users. Ability to quickly think outside the box and present creative solutions that addresses our organizational challenges.
- Effectively perform logic and redundancy checks.
- Responsible for performing as well as coordinating tasks and projects across departments to meet project requirements.
- Attention to detail, delivering high accuracy and quality. Takes the initiative to continually identify, document, and implement steps to improve overall quality and accuracy.
- Able to operate virtually. Effective listening and communication skills. Able to prioritize and focus on timely execution.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analysis skills
- Experience working with relational databases and large data sets
- Intermediate knowledge and experience with Bl fundamentals and techniques
- Proficient knowledge in project management required including ability to prioritize and manage multiple cross-functional projects
- Collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Good presentation skills, both oral and written, are necessary
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Intermediate level experience with Alteryx, SQL, Excel, Access, VBA, Google+ Suite and/or MS Office Suite
- Intermediate experience with data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Spotfire)
- 5+ years proven working experience as a BI Data Analyst/Developer and/or Bl Consultant
- Intermediate level of experience in managing Projects or efforts of a similar nature
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Advanced knowledge of database structures and query tools
- Advanced knowledge of data visualization tools
- Remote – US based
- Up to 10% travel
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Offsite,Offsite
Secondary Locations: , , ,
Travel: Yes, 10% of the Time