North America / United States / FL / Tampa – Oldsmar
Technology & Engineering
#: 107361-en_US / 107361
Cloud DevOps Engineer – 107361
Technology and Engineering – USA Oldsmar, Florida
Must have at least 4 years of experience developing and deploying production applications to AWS cloud. Must have hands-on experience in the area of AWS networking, storage, compute services, and infrastructure as code. Experienced in developing and deploying secure, scalable, highly available, and reliable applications on AWS.
Here is a list of responsibilities:
● Hands-on research on relevant cloud architectural patterns of Amazon Web Services (AWS).
● Coding and prototyping of common architecture components and helping platform teams reuse.
● Convert legacy systems into microservices and replicate the process for other systems.
● Containerize the new microservices and replicate the process for other systems.
● Automate the deployment of applications to AWS cloud and replicate it for other systems.
● Actively support Continuous Integration (CI) / Continuous Deployment (CD) and DevOps.
● Administer configuration management, integration, deployment, and monitoring tools.
Here is a list of required work experience:
● Experience developing applications using common Design/Architecture patterns for the cloud.
● Experience developing reusable components that are used by multiple project teams.
● Experience developing microservices that are orchestrated in using Containers.
● Experience developing software within an automated pipeline for deployment into containers. ● Experience writing automated scripts for building up and tearing down environments in Cloud.
● Experience instrumenting observability, security utilizing modern monitoring/logging tools.
● Experience working and troubleshooting networking, storage, compute of environments.
● Experience programming using popular languages and frameworks
● Extensive experience in building and maintaining large-scale, complex application systems in a team environment.
● Experience working in Agile SCRUM methodology-based development teams.
Required Technical Skills:
● Hands-on skills in setting up production load as Kubernetes cluster by leveraging Pods, Kubeadm, scaffold, and twist-lock for container security.
● Hands-on skills in containerization using Docker and optimizing them to run on Kubernetes.
● Worked intensively with orchestration technologies like Kubernetes, KOPs, GKE, AKS, Openshift.
● Expertise in container orchestration using Kubernetes, ECS, Openshift, Docker Swarm, Mesosphere.
● Technically savvy and plugged into the evolving DevOps and Container tech landscape.
● Extensively worked on setting up CICD pipelines using Jenkins, CircleCI or Gitlab CICD.
● Good Knowledge of configuration management tools like Ansible, Chef, Puppet.
● Worked on writing automation scripts using Cloud formation, Terraform, Ansible.
● Skilled in using monitoring and visualization tools like Prometheus, Grafana, Datadog, OpsGenie, Splunk.
● Deep technical knowledge in the area of AWS services, Network, Storage, Load balancer, AWS S3, PostgreSQL, AWS Redshift and DynamoDB.
● Hands-on experience working with Unix/Linux OS, Kernel, commands, shell scripting.
● Experience designing secure and stable Apache Kafka, MSK platforms.
● Very recent code contribution to production application using Python, Java, Node.JS.
● Proficient at using GIT, GitFlow, JIRA, Gitlab, and Confluence.
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree.
● 7+ years of IT industry experience with at least 4 years experience as a cloud engineer.
● 4-6 years of work experience in software development.
● 1-2 years experience as DevOps Engineer, System Administrator, or similar technical role.
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Oldsmar,Florida
Secondary Locations: , , ,