Asia Pacific / Australia / / Macquarie Park
Client Service & Sales
#: 89587-en_US / 89587
Commercial Data Analyst – 89587
Client Services and Sales – Australia Macquarie Park, New South Wales
ABOUT THE ROLE
Are you a relationship builder and storyteller, who is keen to make a mark in the fast-moving media landscape and be part of a dynamic, fun, and diverse team? If so, this role provides the opportunity within the Nielsen Media team.
Nielsen’s services are part of the infrastructure that the media industry uses to support advertisers in their objectives. We are looking for a driven individual who can help the planners, buyers and strategists, as well as the media suppliers all, achieve their collective goals.
The ideal candidate will have at least two years’ media industry experience and have an understanding of the advertising landscape. You will be working across the commercial, product and operations teams within the wider Media team. You’ll create actionable data insights for a range of clients from Nielsen’s data assets, particularly around advertising spend and creative messaging. The ideal candidate is detail oriented and data driven with an eye for curating client facing materials. This person should also be able to thrive in a fast-paced, challenging environment, playing a supportive and consultative role to the wider commercial team and must be able to produce high-quality, analytical work, often operating under tight deadlines. You must possess a strong inner drive to solve client issues and a natural curiosity, with an ability to adapt to a rapidly changing media landscape.
- Gather and analyze advertising spend data for clients and media insight reporting
- Build insightful client presentations that reflect clients’ needs
- Ability to understand and interpret datasets and superior attention to detail
- Storytelling: Ability to go beyond ‘reading’ the numbers to delivering well-crafted narratives and making actionable recommendations
- Partner with the sales team to develop revenue-driving strategies for new and existing accounts and understand marketplace trends
- Partner with internal stakeholders to ensure high-quality information and create client-facing materials
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS
- Media Industry experience, with a focus on the advertising landscape
- Deep understanding and knowledge of the Australian Media Landscape, particularly with a focus to be able to turn data into insights
- General understanding and use of Nielsen products and services and/or market research techniques would be an advantage
- Highly organised, proactive and dynamic
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong stakeholder management: Confidence to manage expectations, both internally & externally
- A strong team player and contributor with an ability to work in a matrix reporting structure
- Strong communication skills with poise and confidence to interact
- Must be able to work independently and be a self-starter and self-motivated, and take initiative and ownership to get the job done
- Strong Google Suite and Microsoft Office skills
ABOUT THE TEAM
Globally, Nielsen Media empowers media companies and advertisers to plan, activate and measure their content and related audiences in the new media landscape. Our Client Service and Sales team operate as a link between Production and Clients, covering all post-sales retail measurement services. We are aimed to provide our Clients best in class servicing and on-time data delivery, enhancing their satisfaction with the Nielsen core products.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas, and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Macquarie Park,New South Wales
Contract Term: 12 months with view to extend