Asia Pacific / Australia / / Southbank
Client Service & Sales
#: 109046-en_US / 109046
Commercial Director, Media – 109046
Client Services and Sales – Australia Southbank, Victoria
ABOUT THE ROLE
Nielsen Australia is currently looking for an experienced, self-motivated Commercial Director to
be part of a highly motivated team to drive new business opportunities with media agencies
If you are a consultative thinker, you look at things strategically, and you thrive on building
external and internal relationships and growing your client base, this position is for you.
The main objective of this commercial role is to proactively design and execute a sales strategy
for our portfolio of media and customer insights solutions across some strategic verticals with
high ad spend such as financial services, Automotive, Telco and retail. Furthermore, developing
a strong relationship with our clients, driving long-lasting relationships.
For this role, we are looking for an articulate, confident and high-energy professional who is not
afraid to explore new business opportunities and is skilled in working collaboratively with other
commercial teams. We are looking for an autonomous, positive individual to join a diverse team
of talented professionals who both love their job and love working together.
Sales experience and consultative thinking, particularly within the research & insight, media
analytics or media measurement would be highly valued. Nielsen offers an extraordinary range
of services to meet advertisers’ data & measurement needs and boasts a highly skilled team of
subject matter experts to support you to succeed in this role.
This role is open to candidates currently outside of Australia, or based in Sydney.
Product expertise and development
- A detailed understanding of the media ecosystem and key industry verticals such as finance, telco, FMCG, Travel and Automotive.
- The ability to connect various services together to deliver bespoke, tailored solutions
- Provide feedback to product and operational teams regarding service developments to meet your client’s needs
- Develop a sales strategy, manage partnerships & plan to facilitate new business
- Deliver quarterly sales targets through new business (Acquisition)
- Develop a sales strategy & plan to facilitate:
- Proactively identify and close new business opportunities
- Manage sales pipeline and produce weekly reports (Salesforce)
- Develop with the Marketing team an annual media plan that helps to drive a high number of inbound leads
- Development of internal relationships across both the Media & Sports business units, for support with identifying opportunities and converting the sale
- Facilitate, drive and support sales initiatives across the wider Media Industry Group team
- Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders in the industry
- Monitor and encourage greater usage of Nielsen solutions in media agencies, media owners and advertisers
- Create and deliver clear, concise and compelling internal and external client presentations (proposals/solutions)
- Develop a solid working understanding of Nielsen CI solutions along with other relevant Nielsen products to offer to clients a holistic set of insights
- Work with the Nielsen teams to ensure they are deployed to maximum effect on the Nielsen accounts to drive retention and potential upselling opportunities
- Assist with developing and implementing competitive sales pricing and marketing
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS
- Bachelor degree qualified and/or substantive relevant business experience
- 7+ years experience as a sales representative within media and ideally dealing with media trading solutions
- Holistic Media Landscape experience, especially in terms of audience measurement and outcomes.
- Experience with Nielsen solutions is also highly desirable but not mandatory
- Proven track record of success across new business generation and/or substantive relevant business experience
- Experience of working successfully within a ‘matrix’ style environment.
- Previous experience with the FMCG industry is not mandatory but highly desirable. Previous experience with the Finance, Automotive, FMCG or Telco industries is not mandatory but highly desirable.
Skills & Characteristics
- Motivated Self-starter
- Strategic thinking
- Owns issues/opportunities and follows them through to closure
- Strong relationship builder – can leverage relationships for business gain
- Excellent communicator – able to articulate complex solutions simply
- Commercially astute – especially in proposing and negotiating solutions
- Team player
- Confident presenter
- High-level accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to understand, interrogate and translate complex business issues
- Ability to see the ‘big picture’ in terms of Nielsen’s products, product roadmap and how it fits into the research and data ecosystem
- Resilient and persuasive
- Ability to develop and nurture relationships at the C-suite level in media agencies
ABOUT THE TEAM
Globally, Nielsen Media empowers media companies and advertisers to plan, activate and
measure their content and related audiences in the new media landscape. Our Client Service
and Sales team operate as a link between Production and Clients, covering all post-sales retail
measurement services. We are aimed to provide our Clients best in class servicing and on-time
data delivery, enhancing their satisfaction with the Nielsen core products.
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Southbank,Victoria
Secondary Locations: Australia, , ,