North America / United States / NY / New York City
Client Service & Sales
#: 106021-en_US / 106021
Nielsen is focused on building a better media future for all. We fuel the marketplace with the most comprehensive, representative and accurate understanding of audiences. By connecting clients to audiences across all channels and platforms – from podcasts to streaming, we fuel the media industry to deliver content and ads that are relevant, engaging and impactful.
In this role, you will help content owners, advertisers and other key stakeholders in the media ecosystem to truly connect to their audiences and identify opportunities to accelerate their growth. Interested in getting your career on the fast-track?
At Nielsen, we invest in you. Nielsen’s Early Career Programs offer a powerful and unique experience for top undergraduates interested in a career with the world’s leading provider of global marketing information, consumer insights, and business media. The Commercial Internship Program has been carefully crafted with you in mind. The Commercial track is focused on identifying, developing, and investing in our next generation of leaders for the Media business.
As a Commercial Intern, you’ll leverage analytical and consultative skills to drive comprehensive end-to-end consumer insights, enabling our clients to make faster, smarter, and better decisions to help their business grow. You will quickly discover that market research is critical to succeeding with consumers in the Media Industry.
What will you do?
- Develop personal and professional skills through training, networking and mentoring relationships
- Interact with senior leaders during intern activities such as lunch and learn events and leadership dialogues
- Opportunity to build teamwork skills through participation in an intern project and community service events
- Interns may be considered for full time placement upon successful completion of the internship.
- Assignments vary according to business need and intern qualifications but all are designed to stretch your skills and to support your professional development by providing clear goals and actionable feedback on your performance
- Work collaboratively with other interns to develop a forward thinking approach to market research, utilizing Nielsen methodologies.
- Gain exposure to clients and cross-functional teams through integrated work. Nielsen is a very collaborative company where you often interact with people across different departments on a daily basis.
What we’re looking for:
- Pursuing Bachelor’s Degree in an analytical or human insights focused field including but not limited to: economics, psychology, marketing, engineering, mathematics, communications, statistics, or a similar business or liberal arts degree
- Exposure to coursework within business or market research, Excel or statistical applications (SPSS, R, Stata, etc)
- Strong record of academic achievement (minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA)
- Ability to think critically
- Leadership and involvement in extracurriculars on campus or in your community
- Strong interpersonal, written, and communication skills
- Excellent organizational, leadership, and problem solving skills
- Passion for understanding consumers and market research
Our Summer Internship Program:
Nielsen’s Summer Internship Program is a 10-week immersive experience, where you’re treated like a full-time employee, welcomed by Nielsen professionals. Throughout the 10 weeks you can expect an Orientation Program, Educational Sessions, Panel Discussions and a Volunteer Event. You’ll also receive performance feedback from your manager formally twice during the summer, as we consider hiring you full time on our team in 2023!
Our Commercial Team:
The Commercial team is made up of two distinct teams i.e Account Management and Product Sales. The Account Management team owns our client relationships. They understand our client strategies, needs and challenges and they work in day to day partnership with them. They identify sales opportunities to drive growth across all our products and work in partnership with our Product Sales Team. The Product Sales team knows our products inside and out!
They have a relentless focus on driving sales across our client segments. They work closely with our Account Management teams and they bring a level of product expertise to the sales process. Our clients are interesting, diverse market leaders and span across National TV, Sports, Digital, Advertisers and Agencies. Examples include NBCU, Disney, Facebook, Amazon, Netflix, NFL, NBA, MLS, to mention a few.
Internships may be available in the following locations:
Chicago, Illinois; Wilton, Connecticut; Cincinnati, Ohio; San Francisco & Los Angeles, California; Parsippany, New Jersey; New York, New York; Tampa, Florida; Atlanta, Georgia.
Nielsen Holdings plc (NYSE: NLSN) is a leading global data and analytics company that provides a holistic and objective understanding of the media industry. With offerings spanning audience measurement, audience outcomes and content, Nielsen offers its clients and partners simple solutions to complex questions and optimizes the value of their investments and growth strategies. It is the only company that can offer de-duplicated cross-media audience measurement. Audience is EverythingTM to Nielsen and its clients, and Nielsen is committed to ensuring that every voice counts.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!