North America / United States / NY / New York City
Marketing & Communications
#: 89421-en_US / 89421
Communications Manager – 89421
Marketing and Communications – USA New York, New York
ABOUT THIS JOB
Working both externally with media and internally aligning and collaborating with product and growth marketing functions, the Communications Manager for our External Product Communications team is instrumental in turning insights into action, working closely with media in a reactive and proactive manner, this position is critical as a way to leverage press relationship in a transactional manner—but you work without a net and need to be calm under pressure, detail oriented to ensure Nielsen data is accurately reflected among our client base. Must have an awareness and fondness for working with data and seeing the magic that can unfold when raw numbers are harnessed for storytelling.
In this role, you will support the strategic deployment of multi-faceted communicative campaigns in order to increase reputational value in the marketplace, shift perceptions and ultimately drive adoption and commercial success of Nielsen products and solutions—nascent or otherwise—to achieve brand, corporate and overall Marketing & Communications goals.
Using your knowledge of media trends and the rapidly evolving landscape of content, you’ll help to bring Nielsen’s solutions and data to life. You’ll work collaboratively with multiple arms of the Marketing Communications team as well as Product and Client Solutions leaders to support reputational and ultimately revenue-focused initiatives. The environment will be fast paced as you serve as a bridge between Nielsen and the press — you’ll maintain the flexibility between promoting company initiatives while working with journalists to tell accurate and insightful stories regarding Nielsen and its clients.
- Directly support the VP of Communications to help drive industry awareness of Nielsen’s cross-platform and audience measurement products and eventually Nielsen ONE, the company’s cross-platform solution.
- Work closely and collaboratively with Product leaders, Product and Growth Marketing teams as well the Social media, Creative and Content groups and others to pragmatically and conceptually tell Nielsen’s cross-platform journey in a steady and compelling way.
- Working knowledge of Nielsen tools and television solutions (NPower) and is able to pull data, perform analyses, and extract insights from them as a way to maintain and develop transactional relationships with reporters.
- Partner across the organization to plan and activate product launches and product communications including but not limited to writing communications plans, press releases, media FAQS, talking points, data-driven insights stories, opinion articles, multimedia assets, etc.
- Manage and work with thought leaders to help conceptualize external marketing communications strategy of Nielsen assets and thought leadership, driving not only reputational value but also new business leads.
- Have a penchant for storytelling through data and insights, being able to clearly convey the value proposition of key findings as they pertain to the media industry and general public.
- Develop new and maintain existing relationships with business, technology, media and ad-tech reporters. Keep an updated and robust press list with a core list of reporters and podcasts.
- Maintain a pulse in industry conversations, news and positioning when it comes to cross-media and cross-platform.
- Partner with Industry Partnerships and Events team to provide strategic communications support and help plan panels and speaking engagements, including drafting session descriptions, developing talking points, briefing materials and press outreach/management. Serve as communications support for speaking events.
- Maintain externally facing databases on Nielsen websites accessed by press and used to drive reputational value.
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU
- 6-8 years of experience in external marketing, communications or media relations.
- 2+ years of experience in the media, advertising, martech and ad-tech industry.
- Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Strong analytical and creative capabilities, able to find the stories in data.
- Have a can do and collaborative attitude who’s willing to step in and support other team members at a moment’s notice, as well as work harmoniously with teams across verticals.
- Strong writing skills, from press releases to getting creative with data.
- Experience with a suite of Google office products including Docs, Sheets, Presentations, and Drive.
- Knowledge of content management and creation platforms such as WordPress and Infogram and project management systems such as Trello.
- Self-starter who has the ability to work without a net but always knowing that they have a team for support.
- Someone who embodies Nielsen’s growth mindset, who’s always willing to learn, serves as a positive influence and motivates others.
- Knowledge of Nielsen Ratings data and platforms (NPower) a big plus.
- BS/BA in English, Journalism, Communications, Marketing, Public Relations or related fields
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: New York,New York
Secondary Locations: , , ,