Africa and Middle East / South Africa / / Johannesburg
#: 86402-en_US / 86402
About the Role:
The Company Secretarial function is the custodian of corporate governance in the organisation and acts as the Board advisor. This includes ensuring the integrity of the governance framework, being responsible for the efficient administration of a Company, ensuring compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements, and implementing decisions made by the Board of Directors.
- Open, constructive and transparent communication with stakeholders to help align the business and corporate governance strategy. The results of the engagement are used to inform the secretariat plan and Board decisions.
- Remain abreast of developments. Adhere to Competition Commission protocols
- 360 feedback from Board as drafted by the.
- Proactively encourage the ongoing development and training of Executives and Directors and creating transparency across all levels within the organisation.
- Strategic management of B-BBEE requirements across all levels of the scorecard
- Maintaining a level 4 rating across both AGB and ACN
- Strategic management of organisational Risk
- Ensure that all risks are identified, recorded and managed in a manner that will eliminate and/or mitigate the risks
- 100% compliance against internal audit
- Develop and maintain policies, standards and procedures aligned to Corporate and appropriate Delegation of Authorities (Limits of authority)
- Establishment and embedment of frameworks.
- Compliance – Corporate governance and best practices
- 100% compliance against internal / external
- Strategic input on effective business management
– Regarding new ventures, structures, strategic intent and transactional support services.
– Positively impact the business through guidance on areas for improvement – 360 feedback.
- Responsible for Board and Committee meetings
- Effective and robust management of meetings and forums via structured planning, agenda management, collation of submissions.
- Produce the desired outcome – tangible, effective decisions that reflect the true interests and needs of the Company.
- 100% alignment to recommended practice regarding company amendments and records.
- Research and embed industry trends as well as best practices and legislation
- CPD and working groups through professional affiliations.
- 100% compliance to regulatory requirements.
- Select and supervise consultants and service providers to ensure optimal benefit to the overall business
- Coordinate engagement between B-BBEE rating agency and consultant(s) and internal. Explore trends and changes in legislation – impact.
- Engagement and management of the training and development partnerships.
Regional Cosec Support
- Compliance – working closely with Worldwide Company Secretary to help with day to day CoSec activities in the EMEA (including KYC requests, corporate transactions such as dividend distributions, capital contributions, transfer of shares, liquidations and mergers)
Qualifications & Skills:
- Total experience of 8-10 Years.
- Minimum Qualification of CIS Professional Post Graduate Qualification:
- Company Secretarial & Governance Practice (NQF Level 8 – Board) in fields such as, but not limited to: Corporate Law, Commercial Law & Governance, and Business Administration, Strategic & Operations Management.
- Master’s Degree (Preferred)
- Computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Google Office &Products.
- Product knowledge: Diligent, BoardPad, E-SEC(Greatsoft),Accfin, Governance Toolkit.
- Competencies: Analytical Thinking, Attention to detail, Action Orientated, Agile/Flexible
About the Team:
The SA Media team comprises approximately 120 associates based across SA and within the Commercial, Operations and Support teams. We have a broad range of skills and experience across the teams. You will be partnering very closely with the Executive team which includes the MD of Media SA, Finance Lead, HR Lead as well as Operations and Commercial Leads.
About Nielsen Media:
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!