North America / United States / NY / New York City
Client Service & Sales
#: 105207-en_US / 105207
Consultative Sales Director, Marketing Outcomes Solutions Consulting – 105207
Client Services and Sales – USA New York, New York
About the Job
Nielsen’s “Plan/Optimize” business helps clients address today’s most important issues in media planning and media effectiveness. Our team brings together industry thought leaders, expert consultants, leading measurement technologies and rich datasets. We harness this powerful combination to help clients make strategic and tactical business decisions that improve their success.
The Consultative Sales Director on the Marketing Outcomes Solutions Consulting team is responsible for collaborating with various Nielsen Plan Optimize (P/O) teams to support the consultation and sales of solutions across the marketing effectiveness portfolio, focused on Nielsen’s attribution and media mix modeling solutions. For a specific engagement, the Consultative Sales Director will work with prospective clients and Nielsen commercial associates to identify solutions to meet prospective client’s needs, and work with business partners on proposals and business development.
The ideal candidate will possess a demonstrated track record in working with Marketing Mix and/or Mutli-touch (MTA) attribution solutions and has demonstrated success in the consultative selling process featuring data and data analysis products, analytic consulting, client service, and adapting to the needs of a dynamic, ever-changing environment.
- Build trust-based relationships with P/O direct sales teams, client service and Nielsen clients; Build relationships within and across Nielsen, P/O and client organizations by understanding the modern marketers needs and the competitive solution marketplace.
- Identify how client’s business problems can be solved by Nielsen solutions, showcasing the benefits Nielsen solutions uniquely deliver
- Present solutions, including methodological deep dives, to help clients grow their business via Nielsen’s P/O solutions, utilizing consultative selling skills; help to grow revenue through sales of solutions
- Act as an internal champion for the client by working collaboratively with internal partners and the team to coordinate efforts for clients where appropriate: project specifications, pipeline management and other support tasks.
- Partner and collaborate with the P/O Product and Technology teams on innovative solutions/enhancements to current P/O solutions and product offerings
- 8+ years in outcomes specific analytics with 3-5+ years specifically in marketing mix and attribution based analytics
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Deep understanding of analytic models, how they function with the ability to convey results to clients with actionable insights
- Ability to grasp new concepts easily, and be able to present them in a simplified manner to clients and potential prospects
- Technical proficiency in Office/Google Suite of software solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
- Excellent relationship builder and the ability to connect quickly with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; dynamic (persuasive) in presenting ideas to clients and prospective clients from VP to C-level
- Attention to detail – organization, quality and accuracy in the work is essential to success in the role
- Fast learner with the ability to work collaboratively with a willingness to lean in – need to jump in quickly, adapt and work in a collaborative team environment, managing multiple projects at once
- Demonstrated success driving organizational change within client organizations
- Experience with marketing mix and attribution based analytics and models
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: New York,New York
Secondary Locations: IL – Chicago, Remote, ,
Travel: Yes, 15% of the Time