North America / United States / FL / Tampa – Oldsmar
Technology & Engineering
#: 110361-en_US / 110361
Cybersecurity Engineer – Endpoint Security – 110361
Technology and Engineering – USA Tampa, Florida
Nielsen is the industry’s most trusted audience measurement solution for video content across all platforms and devices. We have a responsibility to uphold the privacy and security of all our data and systems. Our Cybersecurity Engineers research and discover new opportunities to shape our security controls to meet the evolving threat landscape and ensure that Nielsen’s data and infrastructure are protected. This hands-on position includes end-to-end endpoint security ownership, and requires strong collaboration skills to work with cross-functional teams to ensure endpoint security solutions are effective and in alignment with Nielsen’s strategic goals.
This position will be based out of Tampa, FL but has the potential to be fully remote.
- Identify, recommend, and develop endpoint security solutions for over 50,000 endpoints across cloud and data centers.
- Implementation of endpoint hardening according to security framework standards.
- Maintain operational responsibility of endpoint security technologies and configuration.
- Drive planning, deployment coordination, change management, documentation, and user training of endpoint security technologies.
- Work with other teams (cybersecurity, vendors, and product development) to ensure endpoint security solutions are in alignment with Nielsen’s strategic goals.
- Identify opportunities and participate in the development of automated processes.
- Serve as an escalation point for security related issues or outages, including software compatibility and performance troubleshooting, as well as endpoint security technology reliability.
- Support vendor relationships for endpoint security technologies.
- Identify and foster stakeholder engagement across the business in order to be successful with these responsibilities.
A Little About You
- With your problem-solving abilities and strong understanding of cybersecurity, you can help Nielsen stay on the forefront of the evolving cybersecurity threat landscape.
- You are proactive in finding and correcting issues, and in looking for ways to maximize effectiveness of existing technologies.
- It is important to you to stay current on vulnerabilities, exploits, and the expanding cyber-attack surface (cloud services, remote work, IoT, supply chain).
- You approach challenges from new perspectives and develop effective solutions for unique problems.
- You appreciate the importance of operations as an enabler for incremental development and can effectively prioritize and perform work with autonomy.
- You look for opportunities to drive efficiency via automation and collaboration.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Computer Information Systems or Cybersecurity related discipline; or 5 years of direct Information Security experience
- Experience with a variety of operating systems including Windows, Linux and UNIX in a functional capacity
- Direct experience in an Information Security role focused in endpoint security
- Hands-on experience using endpoint management technologies for software deployments
- Knowledge of cloud computing standards and controls (AWS,GCP, Azure)
- Advanced scripting/ automation experience (Python, Shell, Bash, Ansible)
- Experience providing and validating security requirements related to information system design, implementation and business processes
- Knowledge of common information security standards, such as: ISO, CIS, NIST
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with minimal supervision
- Ability to communicate technical details in a clear, understandable manner
- Security certification such as SANS/GIAC, CISSP, CEH, OSCP
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Tampa,Florida
Secondary Locations: FL – Tampa – Oldsmar, , ,