North America / United States / FL / Tampa – Oldsmar
Technology & Engineering
#: 84566-en_US / 84566
Cybersecurity GRC Compliance Analyst – 84566
Technology and Engineering – USA Tampa, Florida
As a leader in global measurement and data analytics, Nielsen is committed to protecting the privacy of our panelists, associates, and the public. The Cybersecurity Analyst will be a member of the Global Cybersecurity department reporting into Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) and is responsible for the identification, assessment, measurement, monitoring, and reporting of risk and compliance through the GRC program.
Compliance & vulnerability management’s main objective is improving the identification and protection of Nielsen’s information assets. In this role you will get to work with industry tools and technologies needed to protect the organization from the latest cyber attacks. You will be responsible for collecting and analyzing details pertaining to compliance assessments on new and current systems within the environment. Additionally, the analyst will be responsible for documenting, communicating & tracking remediation to specified target dates with the application owners, using established processes and escalating issues as appropriate. We are looking for a cybersecurity professional that will take charge, track and achieve established metrics, be innovative, collaborative, and drive efficiency with vulnerability response.
- Drive the vulnerability remediation process working closely with diverse technology teams.
- Measure implementation, effectiveness & impact of technical support teams compliance to security control requirements and report status of compliance to leadership.
- Develop, manage and maintain databases, scripts, and workflows required to accurately report metrics of Nielsen’s vulnerability/threat landscape.
- Provide metrics and reports on progress and risk trends
- Produce metrics and reports to monitor remediation progress, quantify solution effectiveness and synthesize threat trends
- Conduct internal compliance reviews and risk assessments
- Document and maintain process flow / standard operating procedures (SOPs) to ensure consistent, timely response to vulnerabilities and potential threats
Must Have Skills:
- Demonstrated experience in the discipline of vulnerability scanning, risk rating, threat correlation, asset-based remediation management, and reporting.
- The ability to develop, maintain, and continually improve the vulnerability management platform, processes, and technical assessment support.
- An understanding of threat actors with the ability to articulate how they operate and demonstrate how they subvert common security controls
- Ability to collaborate extensively with engineering teams to help them understand their vulnerabilities and assist them to develop remediation and mitigation strategies.
- Experience with Database and other Query languages such as mySQL and MSSQL
- Experience providing and validating security requirements related to information system design, implementation and business processes
- Experience working and developing in either python, ruby, or other programming languages a plus
- Experience with ServiceNow Security Operations, Vulnerability Response, and GRC modules a plus
- Having one or more security or audit certifications such as SANS/GIAC, CISSP, CISA, or CISM a plus
- Cloud computing standards and controls a plus
- Knowledge of common information security standards, such as: ISO 27001/27002, NIST, PCI DSS, ITIL, COBIT.
- Basic Understanding of System Development Life Cycle methodology
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Computer Information Systems or research related discipline or a minimum of 3+ years of direct Information Security experience focused in Vulnerability Management, Security Operations and/or GRC
This position requires minimal travel
We’re in tune with what the world is watching, buying, and everything in between. If you can think of it, we’re measuring it. We sift through the small stuff and piece together big pictures to provide a comprehensive understanding of what’s happening now and what’s coming next for our clients. Today’s data is tomorrow’s marketplace revelation.
We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 100 countries. From global industry leaders to small businesses, consumer goods to media companies, we work with them all. We’re bringing in data 24/7 and the possibilities are endless. See what’s next with us at Nielsen: careers.nielsen.com
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Tampa,Florida
Secondary Locations: FL – Tampa – Oldsmar, , ,
Travel: Yes, 10% of the Time