North America / United States / NY / New York City
#: 80785-en_US / 80785
Data Analyst – Identity Team – 80785
Data Science – USA New York, New York
Nielsen brings to bear the market’s most powerful proprietary data assets, and together we are helping the world’s biggest brands make better and faster media and marketing decisions. We are permanently disrupting the landscape of audience measurement. For more information, please visit nielsen.com, or follow us: @Nielsen
About the team:
The Nielsen Identity team is part of the Nielsen Media Data Science division. Our Identity Engine connects the various devices of individual users to create a holistic view of consumers across all channels and devices – including display, video, audio, offline, mobile and smart TVs – enabling content providers and marketers to measure engagement of individuals and households at scale. Our output feeds into a number of other Nielsen products and services.
This position reports to the Director, Identity Data Science. You will take a leading role in the creation of algorithms, analyses, and machine learning models designed to maximize the value of our data, all while playing an instrumental role in related products and services.
What will I do?
- Work collaboratively, contributing to the Nielsen’s Identity Engine
- Analyse datasets and investigate discrepancies or inconsistencies
- Maintain and execute data pipelines for internal and third-party data
- Support the product team in solving complex analytical challenges
- Evaluate the outputs of experiments run by data scientists and provide feedback
Is this for me?
- (E=Expected, P= Preferred)
- E: Solid knowledge of SQL, experience working with relational databases
- E: Very good attention to detail, persistence, and diligence
- E: Strong communication skills, ability to explain complex problems
- E: Passion for analyzing and utilizing large data sets
- E: Good vibes, integrity, and good work ethic
- P: Experience using Python
- P: Experience with graph theory problems
- P: Experience with Spark SQL and AWS stack (S3, EMR)
- P: Experience in media or marketing analytics, including campaign measurement, cross-platform deduplication and lookalike modeling or experience in online media and the ad tech ecosystem is advantageous
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: New York,New York
Secondary Locations: , , ,