Asia Pacific / Malaysia / Selangor / Petaling Jaya /
#: 743999737951070 / 50245052
Nielsen is building talent pipelines to meet future hiring demand. This is a pipeline role, while there is not an immediate opening, we want to build relationships with prospective candidates like you. If your background is a match to our requirements, we’ll follow up with the exploratory conversation.
ABOUT THIS JOB
As the world's largest research organization, Nielsen IQ is powered by talented creative scientists. Our Data Scientist Business Leaders come from diverse disciplines such as statistics, research methodology, mathematics, psychology, business, engineering, physics and demography. These professionals drive innovation, new product ideation, develops complex analysis and delivery of data insights to measure what consumers buy.
- Own Data Science solutions for client requests and provide initial recommendations for complex client raised issues.
- Support Internal and External Clients with the understanding of Data Science design and methodology.
- Accompanied senior leaders meet with clients to understand business needs and help offer innovative solutions.
- Work on creating new solutions use cases, proof of concept and prototypes by exploring diverse data sets using tools such as python/r.
- Understand Nielsen products and services to suggest new solutions for client challenges.
- Collaborate with other Data Science team units.
- Automate and develop solutions for existing processes.
- Innovate and create out of the box solutions by leveraging large and diverse data sets and state of the art technologies.
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU
You’ve dabbled in data. You’ve perused Python. And you have the communication chops to translate it all into conversation or presentations. While you’ve worked with global cross-functional teams, you can also put your head down and focus on independent projects. Seeing the big picture takes attention to detail. Keeping up with the fast-changing world of digital media measurement takes someone who recognizes that. You know what’s happening in big data and you’re ready to influence what’s next.
- Professionals with degrees in Maths, Data Science, Statistics, or related fields involving statistical analysis of large data sets.
- 0-3 years of experience in market research or relevant field.
- Solid understanding of Statistics.
- Good aptitude for data analysis.
- Critical/ logical thinking.
- Experienced with programming languages such as Python and R.
- Familiar with contemporary database systems.
- Passionate about innovation and technology
- Problem-Solving skills
- Ability to effectively convey complex concepts to non-experts
- Working knowledge with data visualization tools (e.g. Spotfire, Tableau, etc) and mapping tools would be a plus
- Working knowledge with collaboration tools such as Google Suite(Googlesite, Google Data Studio), Atlassian, Git, Bitbucket and Confluence would be a plus
- Familiar with Machine Learning
- Familiarity with marketing analytics, including designing experiments and consumer behavior analysis.