India / India / / Bengaluru
#: 98142-en_US / 98142
Data Analyst – 98142
Gracenote – India Bengaluru, Karnataka
ABOUT THIS JOB
We are presently looking for a Data Analyst which is part of our Gracenote Content operations team. The Content operations team is responsible for the ingestion and enrichment of our metadata for use by our clients. This role is to assist in the organization’s journey to leverage our vast metadata content and provide insights into our data quality. In order to deliver high quality standards, the Data Analyst will work as subject matter expert on measuring data quality, accessing and combining datasets for use in quality projects, and supporting our vision of proactive communication to the clients in regards to the health of our databases and our products. Familiarity with analytical systems, data visualization, and data automation are key areas to succeed in this role. Experience in AWS cloud services is a plus.
- Works with the Quality Office and cross-functional teams to develop a deep understanding of Gracenote data flows and provide insights into the data quality of our Video, Music and Sports clients.
- Utilize multiple tools to implement modular code and refine data queries from multiple databases, data warehouses, data lakes to perform data analysis, data visualizations, and answer clients as well as internal queries.
- Integrate, assemble, summarize, validate, and disseminate data from numerous systems to present feasibility and data quality recommendations to stakeholders within the context of their business questions.
- Analyse and validate data quality measures and threshold and implement quality escapes, reports and dashboards to monitor and analyze metrics and KPIs for GN Content
- Document thoroughly all reporting and analysis projects
- BS Degree in related discipline and 5+ years’ experience in Data Analytics
- Strong hands-on experience with SQL, data warehousing, dashboarding and reporting, involving large datasets and multiple data sources
- Experience creating KPIs and using BI reporting tools (e.g. Tableau)
- Extensive experience with scripting languages (e.g.: Python, R) with a track record of clean, efficient code design
- Strong communication skills in spoken and written English for working with global partners
- Experience with big data frameworks (Hive/Hadoop), distributed databases and AWS is a big plus.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The team measure and improve data quality, we need to move massive quantities of data and report on them over time using dashboards that are accessible and clear to everybody.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action.
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, provides music, video, and sports content along with technologies to the world’s hottest entertainment products and brands. Gracenote is the global standard for music and video recognition which is supported by the largest source of entertainment data. Gracenote features descriptions of more than 200 million tracks, TV listings for 85+ countries and statistics from 4,500 sport leagues and competitions.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Bengaluru,Karnataka