North America / United States / MD / Baltimore
Technology & Engineering
#: 78065-en_US / 78065
Data Architect, Operations (Altryx) – 78065
Technology and Engineering – USA Baltimore, Maryland
Nielsen's US Media Operations Organization is searching for a meticulous and experienced Data Architect. Your central responsibility as the Data Architect will be to design and build relational databases to store and organize information for US Media Operations which enables scalable and reliable automation and Machine Learning/AI solutions. Data architects may create conceptual and physical strategies for data acquisition, integration and analysis, and they may work closely with Technology, Security and vendor partners to integrate new technologies into an infrastructure that supports required capabilities.
- Develop architectural strategies for data modeling, design and implementation to meet stated requirements for metadata management, operational data stores and Extract Transform Load (e.g. Alteryx) environments
- Create and test physical data models for a variety of business data, applications, database structures and metadata tables to meet operational goals for performance and efficiency
- Review existing data architectures to determine overall effectiveness and compliance with original objectives, develop comprehensive strategies for improving or replacing underperforming areas and present these plans to designers and Stakeholders
- Research new technologies, data modeling methods and information management systems to determine which ones should be incorporated into US Medica Operations data architectures, and develop implementation timelines and milestones
- Support database & application administrators, US Media Operations designers, Data Science, Security and Technology personnel to create effective, reliable and secure methods for ML/AI, data reuse, data backup and recovery
- Examine and identify database structural necessities by evaluating operations functions, applications, and programming.
- Install and organize information systems to guarantee expected functionality and outcomes.
- Oversee the migration of data from legacy systems to new solutions.
- Monitor the system performance by performing regular tests, troubleshooting and integrating new features.
- Recommend solutions to improve new and existing database systems.
- Research and properly evaluate sources of information to determine possible limitations in reliability or usability
- Expert level knowledge of Altryx and the development of solutions using Altryx
- At least three years of data architecture experience
- Proficient with MongoDB, Postres, Hive, Hadoop and other data storage technologies
- Strong knowledge of database structure systems and data mining
- Understanding of database security
- Experience working with private and sensitive personal information
- Confident in decision making and the ability to explain processes or choices as needed
- Strong computer skills and ability to use necessary databases and software
- Bachelor’s degree in data architecture, information management or relevant field
Advanced education in statistics, mathematics, computer science or related field
Experience with AWS cloud computing, cloud solutions
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Baltimore,Maryland
Secondary Locations: Remote, , ,