India / India / / Kochi
#: 109539-en_US / 109539
ABOUT THE JOB
At Nielsen we understand the importance of knowing what consumers Watch and Buy. As the world’s largest research organization, Nielsen is powered by talented, creative scientists and researchers. Because measurement is at the core of our business, our products have high visibility and make a direct impact on our clients.
Our team in Kochi has an opportunity available for a Data Engineer. The ideal candidate has expertise in modern analytics programming, experience in developing, testing and orchestrating econometric, statistical and machine learning modules, work experience in unit, integration and regression testing, and the capacity to work in an agile development environment alongside software engineers. A background in orchestrating modules for marketing, pricing and/or advertising measurement or planning solutions is preferred.
- Understand the objective of the statistical and econometric models, and supervised and unsupervised learning methods, we deploy.
- Create various data processing systems for analytic research and development purposes.
- Design and write modules for Nielsen analytics platforms using Python, Pandas, Scikit-Learn, R, Spark MLlib and PySpark.
- Extract data from platforms using SQL.
- Document, design and present process flows for analytical systems.
- Partner with our Software Engineering department to build best-of-class cloud-based analytical solutions.
ROLE QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Graduate degree in Statistics, Economics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, or other Quantitative Field of Study. Such as a MCA or M Tech in Computer Science of allied fields.
- 4+ years of work experience in delivering analytics software solutions for a production platform.
- 4+ years of work experience in gathering data requirements for analytics.
- Expertise in building and optimizing data pipelines in a distributed environment.
- Expertise in analytics programming languages, such as Python (with Pandas), Apache Spark SQL and R.
- Exceptional problem solving skills.
- Well-organized and capable of handling multiple mission-critical projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The primary analytic objectives for Global Research & Analytic Development, Marketing Effectiveness (GRAD ME or simply GRAD) are Causal Inference, development of Optimization & Simulation Methods that facilitate Planning, and Predictive Modeling. Our Research & Analytic Development associates come from diverse disciplines that include business, economics, engineering, mathematics, operations research, political science, physics, and statistics. These professionals drive innovation and insight through continual ideation, complex analyses, and delivery of insights to our clients.
Data & Analytic Engineering is an essential element of our work and is an objective. We develop, test, implement, and support end-to-end automated and scalable multi-tenant reusable software solutions for the primary analytic objectives, to improve the department’s cross-client operational efficiency, and to meet model-based business metric deliverable service level agreements. Our work streams typically include accessing data, quality controlling data, processing user inputs, implementing standardized algorithms, enacting automated decision making capabilities, and executing informative analytic diagnostics.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!