North America / United States / MD / Columbia
Technology & Engineering
#: 78064-en_US / 78064
Data Engineer, Operations (Altryx) – 78064
Technology and Engineering – USA Columbia, Maryland
Nielsen's US Media Operations Organization is currently in need of adding Data Engineers to our team. Data engineers are mainly tasked with transforming data into a format that can be easily analyzed. They do this by developing, maintaining, and testing infrastructures for data generation. Data engineers in charge of architecting solutions for operations research scientists, analysts that enable them to do their jobs. This position is multifaceted, having exposure to various products within the Analytics family. It requires the ability to learn and apply data knowledge, along with AWS architecture patterns to organize, store and publish data for analytics purposes.
- Maintains and improves the overall technological architecture of the US Media Operations analytics platform with the Tools & Technology team, Technology and Security partners
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL, Postgres and AWS ‘big data’ technologies and other Nielsen sources
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Development of an Alteryx/Incident/Change Request implementation in Production Environment
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Provides the team a roadmap for implementing solutions that meets the needs for interoperability, reuse, and ease of maintenance
- Support and deliver integrated solutions across Panel Systems and Media Platform solutions with the US Media Operations analytics platform
- Work closely with technical architects, data and software engineers to ensure optimal application and data database/warehouse design to support reporting requirements
- Create data tools for analytics and operations research scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing operations processes and grow Operations’ ML/AI capabilities.
- Monitor server activity/usage statistics to identify possible performance issues/enhancements
- Performance tuning / Server management of tableau server environment (clustering, Load balancing).
- Create/Manage applicable identity and access management settings, roles, data sources and data connections. Develop automated solutions to manage users and content to meet business usage guidelines.
- Manage and support migration of objects (dimensions, measures, hierarchies, reports, workbooks, dashboards), from development to production environments.
- Design/develop automated system administration tools, including monitoring
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Alteryx, Tableau software (Desktop and Server), with a strong understanding of server architecture and administration.
- Strong development skills in Alteryx, Tableau and data analytics and visualizations
- Alteryx server admin experience and workflow deployment hands on experience
- Alteryx CI/CD experience, Alteryx Designer Core certified.
- NoSQL Experience, specifically MongoDB
- Python and R coding skills are value added.
- Tableau dashboard development experience
- Experience in Tableau scripting (TABCMD and TABADMIN).
- Ability to architect cloud based application server solutions designed for high operational availability.
- Working knowledge of AWS Services, specifically EC2, ALB, autoscaling.
- AWS EMR, Glue ETL, IAM, EC2, S3, Lambda in-depth knowledge (intermediate -> Expert), Cloud Formation
- Working knowledge of REST API solutions and design
- 8-10 years of development experience in BI area.
- 3 or more years of experience writing SQL queries against any RDBMS with query optimization
- At least 4-6 years of experience in SSAS/Data warehouse, Data modelling knowledge is preferred.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Columbia,Maryland
Secondary Locations: Remote, , ,