North America / United States / FL / Tampa – Oldsmar
#: 84581-en_US / 84581
Data Science Client Partner – Remote – 84581
Data Science – USA Oldsmar, Florida
This Manager, Data Science DBL position will be part of our Local and National TV team within the Data Science, Client Engagement organization. This team supports Local and National Client Service in response to client needs ranging from understanding new or enhanced methodologies to changes in their media audience estimates. This team also works with many cross-functional teams such as Data Science Sampling, Universe Estimates and Panel, Product Leadership and Watch Operations.
What will I do?
- Learn and become an expert in Local and National TV Audience Measurement, with an initial focus on US methodology.
- Work with cross-functional teams (Data Science, Client Analytics, Audience Insights) to design analysis, review and summarize findings and communicate outcomes to Client Service and our clients in response to their inquiries.
- Support and work collaboratively with Nielsen’s Client Service, Product Leadership, Inclusion Analytics and Operational teams on strategic areas that impact our clients, such as the roll out of new or enhanced services, existing product enhancements, technical consultation, data inquiries, etc.
- Responsible for building strong partnerships with Media Clients and Client Services teams.
- Serves as DSci’s POC for client inquiries related to Media Measurement.
- Responsible for preparing and conducting deep dives related to client inquiries both internally and externally.
- Supports development and contributing content for industry committees and events such as MRC, PGC, COLTAM, etc.
- Serves as one of Data Science Business Leaders for strategic initiatives involving BAU enhancements and new product innovations directly impacting our Media clients
- Pro-actively gather information, as needed, to work independently as well as in a team environment.
Is this for me?
- Master’s degree in Data Science, Statistics or Mathematics with an outstanding analytical problem solving experience or equivalent
- More than 2 years of experience with Nielsen TV data and methodology at Local or National level
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Have an aptitude for leadership or mentoring
- Ability to work autonomously and with a team
Location: Anywhere with preference for U.S. based due to required interaction with U.S. Client Service teams. No requirement to be based in the Tampa, FL office.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Oldsmar,Florida
Secondary Locations: NY – New York City, IL – Chicago, CA – Los Angeles,