North America / United States / IL / Chicago
#: 83703-en_US / 83703
Data Scientist – 83703
Data Science – USA Chicago, Illinois
At Nielsen we understand the importance of knowing what consumers Watch and Buy. As the world’s largest research organization, Nielsen is powered by talented, creative scientists and researchers. Our Research & Analytic Development associates come from diverse disciplines that include business, economics, engineering, mathematics, operations research, physics, and statistics. These professionals drive innovation and insight through continual ideation, complex analyses, and delivery of insights to our clients. Because measurement is at the core of Nielsen's business, our products have high visibility and make a direct impact on our clients.
Our team in Chicago has an opportunity available for a Data Scientist. The ideal candidate has work experience in the development of econometric models, expertise in modern analytics programming, tested and deployed machine learning and artificial intelligence techniques, the capacity to work in an agile development environment alongside software engineers, and a solid foundation in developing solutions for marketing, pricing and/or advertising organizations.
What will I do?
- Design econometric models, and supervised and unsupervised learning approaches
- Create various prototypes for research and development purposes
- Design, write and test modules for Nielsen analytics platforms using Python, R, SQL, Spark, and AWS products
- Utilize advanced computational/statistics libraries including Spark MLlib, Scikit-learn, SciPy and StatsModels
- Document and present methodology inside and outside the company
- Partner with our Software Engineering department to build best-of-class cloud-based analytical solutions
Is this for me?
- Graduate degree in Statistics, Economics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, or other Quantitative Field of Study
- 2+ years work experience in delivering analytics software solutions in a production environment
- 2+ years work experience in quantitative marketing analysis, with an emphasis on statistical, econometric and predictive analytic research that drives analytic product Innovation and implementation
- Expertise in coding and testing of analytical modules using Python, SQL, Spark, and AWS
- Well-organized and capable of handling multiple mission-critical projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with household/person-level loyalty card analytics
- Experience in marketing mix modeling with Nielsen or IRI syndicated data
- Experience with R, Scala
- Short-release life-cycle experience (agile processes including scrum)
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Chicago,Illinois
Secondary Locations: , , ,