Asia Pacific / Australia / / Lane Cove
#: 110323-en_US / 110323
Data Scientist – 110323
Data Science – Australia Lane Cove, New South Wales
ABOUT THE ROLE
Provide statistical and technical leadership and support on core projects to gain insight and enhance the component of the Total TV service relating to TV and Online video streaming audience measurement.
- Data mining and insights from proprietary databases to enhance and add value
- Data modelling and imputation to extend the range and usage of the available data
- Data summarisation, visualisation and reporting to demonstrate, contextualise and explain the data insights and trends
- Support the design, development and implementation of business intelligence strategies and overall analytics
- Investigate and discover new opportunities to optimise the methodologies and services through data analytics and modelling.
- Investigate and research data integration techniques (e.g. data fusion) to facilitate cross-database insights and understanding
- Investigate influences and drivers of viewing behaviour in respect to household or individual attributes to review panel and weighting controls
- Assist with planning and rolling out of new or enhanced services & ensure the sustainability of new initiatives
- Consult with internal and external clients and provide expert technical consultation to solve complex statistical related issues
- Documentation of processes and process changes
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS
- Demonstrated experience with sample-based and big data
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel
- Tertiary qualified in Statistical/Analytical or related discipline
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in the survey research industry with hands-on experience in developing and executing survey research methodologies
- Proficient in Microsoft tools, R, Python and other statistical/coding tools & packages.
- SAS programming would be advantageous
- An ability to work to tight deadlines
- An ability to learn quickly
- Customer-centric approach to work
- Good written and verbal communication skills, lifting the conversation out of the technical jargon
- Possess strong planning, organising and project management skills
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and work autonomously
- Lateral thinking: Questioning current processes and proposing new approaches to handle varying circumstances
- Judgement: Utilise all data sources available to prioritise and determine appropriate course of remedial action
- Numerical fluency: The ability to work/handle large amounts of numeric information in order to make appropriate judgement calls
- Communication skills: Able to convey technical concepts and jargon in a non-technical way.
- Integrity: Acting and behaving in ways consistent with company values and culture
- Results orientation: Ability to stay focused and well-organised and consistently meet scheduled deadlines.
- Data orientation: Is able to organise own work based on objective analysis of information and business priorities
- Collaborative: Is able to work within a team and is prepared to lend a hand to ensure team goals/organisational goals are met.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Data Science is at the core of Nielsen’s business. Our team of researchers come from diverse disciplines and they drive innovation, new product ideation, experimental design and testing, complex analysis and delivery of data insights.
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Lane Cove,New South Wales