Asia Pacific / Australia / / Macquarie Park
#: 94241-en_US / 94241
Data Strategy/Data Analyst (Remote-APAC) – 94241
Product Leadership – Australia Macquarie Park, New South Wales
ABOUT THE ROLE
Nielsen is looking for a Product Manager in its Media Data Science organization to drive global data strategy initiatives related to Identity Resolution. Identity Resolution is a technique that enables cross platform measurement by understanding how households and people connect to digital devices.
Nielsen is looking for a candidate who can drive data strategy and roadmap across multiple regions, understanding unique facets of the local media landscape, advertising industry, and privacy legislation of various countries. A Product Manager in Data Strategy is expected to partner with cross-functional teams such as Business Development, Client Services, Legal, Privacy, Engineering, and Data Science to drive data-based initiatives that function as core infrastructure for the company.
This role can be based outside of Australia (within the APAC region), but we are not providing relocation at this time.
- Organize and facilitate planning across Product, Technology, Data Science, and Operations teams
- Maintain a roadmap of data partnerships and initiatives encompassing business, legal, security, privacy and data science aspects, and prioritize accordingly
- Interact directly with existing and potential data suppliers, vet their data, systems and methodologies
- Drive requirements gathering & backlog grooming for all data driven initiatives to ensure internal and external stakeholders have input and visibility into the group’s output
- Ensure adherence to data privacy legislation and best practices, as well as provide leadership on responsible data stewardship.
- Build alignment on scope across all stakeholders throughout the lifecycle of data partnerships roadmap
- Exhibit expertise in your product domain (understanding the systems involved, the technical component flow, specific aspects of the methodology, etc.)
- Communicate the overall status of initiatives and escalation of issues to senior leadership
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS
- 1-3 years Product Management or Business Development experience
- Experience in Agile/Scrum development practices is desirable
- A bias for action and the ability to influence a team toward a culture of quality
- Strong communication, persuasion, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple competing initiatives
- Ability to listen and quickly distill information to recommend a course of action in driving project deliverables or escalations
- Client-facing experience with the ability to translate between internal and external client needs
- Ad-Tech industry experience is a plus
- Technical background is preferred (degree or work experience in Data Science, Computer Science, Computer and Information Technology, Systems Analysis & Design, Management Information Systems, etc.)
ABOUT THE TEAM
Nielsen Media has been and will continue to be the most important third-party independent measurement provider. From development through syndication, the Product team provides critical data and insights that helps inform measurement. You’ll be at the center of product development and delivery to enable media markets to function.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Macquarie Park,New South Wales