North America / Canada / NS / Halifax
Technology & Engineering
#: 107567-en_US / 107567
DevOps Developer – 107567
Technology and Engineering – Canada Halifax, Nova Scotia
Explore and discover Nielsen! Nielsen is the global standard for entertainment data and technology focusing on audience measurement, audience insights, and audience experience.
Gracenote, a Nielsen Company is the leading provider of entertainment metadata and media recognition technology that powers the world’s top broadcast, on-demand, and streaming platforms for television, movies, music, and sports.
Gracenote has multiple opportunities at multiple levels (Junior, Mid, and Senior) on our Core DevOps Team.
As a DevOps Developer, you will be responsible for deploying, automating, maintaining and troubleshooting the infrastructure within Nielsen’s Gracenote brand. If you are someone who has hands-on DevOps experience, loves automating their personal tasks, is a team player and loves to share knowledge, then this job is for you!
Tools and Technologies: Ansible, Chef, Terraform, Kubernetes, Grafana, Prometheus, Graylog/Loki etc
- Deploy, automate, maintain, and troubleshoot DevOps managed shared services
- Ensure the availability, performance, scalability and security of production systems
- Research and implement new DevOps technologies
- Work closely with the Global DevOps and dedicated DevOps teams
- Suggest and implement best practices and architecture improvements
- A master’s degree, a bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrable DevOps experience (2-4 years if mid-level, 5+ years if senior)
- Experience with at least one programming or scripting language such as Python, Ruby, Java, etc
- Experience working in a Linux & in a cloud environment
- Experience with Infrastructure as code, containerization, logging, monitoring and alerting, and CI/CD tools
- Willingness to learn above mentioned qualifications if some are missing
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience with working with geographically dispersed teams
- Experience with secrets management tools like Hashicorp Vault
- Understanding of Diversity & Inclusion efforts in tech
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- An informal atmosphere in a creative, dynamic media company with opportunities for ownership and personal development.
- A friendly team that is ready to help whenever needed
- A competitive salary and good benefits
- Reinvestment Fridays: 4 hours every Friday afternoon where you are free to research new DevOps tools and services that may be beneficial to the company and your personal growth
- Support to developers who want to contribute to open source system used in the Nielsen Media systems
Above all, we are looking for someone who is an excellent critical thinker, loves to learn and asks questions whenever necessary. We prioritize working with team members and knowledge sharing, and would like someone who can not only work independently but also cultivate a learning environment. We appreciate anyone willing to make an effort and be their best self when problem solving.
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Halifax,Nova Scotia
Secondary Locations: , , ,