North America / United States / NY / New York City
Technology & Engineering
#: 75882-en_US / 75882
DevOps Engineer – 75882
Technology and Engineering – USA New York, New York
Nielsen Sports DevOps Engineer
Nielsen Sports is the premier provider of analytics and insights within the growing sports industry, offering the most reliable source of independent and holistic market data in the industry and the most complete view of consumer trends and habits worldwide. Combining solutions from sponsorship effectiveness to fan data capabilities with Nielsen’s understanding of consumer behavior and media consumption means Nielsen Sports is uniquely positioned to help businesses maximize their commercial success.
In this role, you are responsible for deploying, automating, maintaining and troubleshooting the infrastructure on AWS for Nielsen’s Sports business. The role requires you to have hands-on technical experience and a can-do approach towards environment automation/management and continuous improvement, with an emphasis on the implementation of best practice cloud security principles. This role will also be instrumental in moving on premises systems to AWS, Kubernetes, etc., and coordinating across multiple geographies.
- Deploy, automate and maintain AWS cloud based systems
- Ensure the availability, performance, scalability and security of production system
- Build, release and configuration management of the platform.
- Pre-production Acceptance Testing to help assure the quality
- System troubleshooting and problem solving across the platform
- Suggest and implement best practices and architecture improvements
- The training to back your work: a master’s degree, bachelor’s degree, or, as we recognize there isn’t one formula for success, equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of experience with using a broad range of AWS technologies – S3, SQS, Glue, Athena, Lambda, IAM, CloudWatch, CloudFormation, Terraform
- Implement CI/CD pipeline using the AWS CodeBuild and CodePipeline
- Solid experience as a DevOps Engineer in a 24×7 uptime environment
- Experience with Python & SQL
- Proficiency working in Linux environment
- Experience with system monitoring tools, analyze and resolve complex infrastructure and application deployment issues
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with working with geographically dispersed teams
- Great communication skills
ABOUT NIELSEN GLOBAL MEDIA
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: New York,New York
Secondary Locations: , , ,