North America / United States / CA / Emeryville
#: 87281-en_US / 87281
DevOps Engineer – 87281
Gracenote – USA Emeryville, California
Gracenote, a Nielsen Global Media Company is the world’s leading entertainment data and technology company. We power the top music services, consumer electronics companies, automakers, media companies and cable and satellite operators on the planet. At its core, Gracenote helps connect people with the entertainment they love.
Gracenote Video is helping TV operators and OTT services to reimagine the TV experience from every angle, changing the way viewers connect with, discover, and enjoy their favorite TV shows and movies.
The DevOps Engineer is responsible for deploying, automating, maintaining and troubleshooting the infrastructure on AWS for Gracenote’s Video product line. The role requires you to have hands-on technical experience and a can-do approach towards environment automation/management and continuous improvement, with an emphasis on the implementation of best practice cloud security principles.
Tools and technologies include: AWS services, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Terraform, Graphana, Prometheus, RDS, and Cassandra.
- Be the AWS Expert our Software Engineers turn to for guidance
- Participate in the adoption and development of industry best-practices on information technology development operations activities, including automated deployment, incident management, monitoring, alerting, cloud security, continuous integration, backups and resiliency
- Participate in ensuring availability, performance, and stability at scale of all DevOps owned resources
- Test, configure, optimize and scale all DevOps-supported technologies, databases and servers
- Monitor and reduce costs of production and test infrastructure, which run on Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Communicate with engineering teams to determine key issues and challenges that need to be improved on, and determine effective solutions while reducing technology debt
- Develop reference architectures to support upcoming projects
- Build and maintain infrastructure and tools in a repeatable manner and version controlled, using Infrastructure as a Code (IaC) such as Terraform and CloudFormation
- Identify recurring problems and develop tools and processes to help resolve future occurrences
- Identify EC2 workloads which can be refactored and deployed into Kubernetes environments
- Develop monitoring solutions
- A strong willingness to spend the time learning and working on new technologies
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or similar (or Non CS Bachelor’s Degree plus 3 years of experience in software development and/or DevOps engineering)
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer Professional preferred (or on track to become certified)
- 3 years of experience in/with: AWS services, including VPC, EC2, S3, RDS, ES and ELB
- 3 years of at least one scripting language, such as Python or Ruby
- 2 years Jenkins CI/CD automation, and configuration management toolset, such as Chef and Ansible
- 3 years of experience in/with: Linux and/or Ubuntu, TCP/IP and SSL/TLS networking and routing
- Experience with container technology such as Docker, including creating and deploying Docker images
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to work independently or in team settings on complex production issues.
- Ability to participate in On-Call support as needed
ABOUT NIELSEN GLOBAL MEDIA
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Emeryville,California