North America / United States / IL / Offsite
Client Service & Sales
#: 105461-en_US / 105461
Director, Advertiser Sales – 105461
Client Services and Sales – USA Offsite, Offsite
About the Job
Nielsen’s “Plan/Optimize” business helps clients address today’s most important issues in media planning and media effectiveness. Our team brings together industry thought leaders, expert consultants, leading measurement technologies and rich datasets. We harness this powerful combination to help clients make strategic and tactical business decisions that improve their success.
The Director, Advertiser Sales will consult with clients to understand client needs and identify solutions that precisely address their business objectives. The individual will draw upon a deep understanding of existing capabilities to select appropriate tools and adapt them or combine them to develop a complete solution. The Director will work with internal partners on proposals and present compelling pitches that demonstrate Nielsen expertise and win business. Once business is won and results are delivered, the individual will ensure clients receive maximum value from deliverables to drive repeat engagements.
This role is situated within our Advertiser Strategic Accounts team, and will cover “Plan/Optimize” product sales to one of our largest CPG and/or non-CPG Advertiser accounts. The ideal candidate will possess a demonstrated track record in working with Advertisers and a solid understanding of Ad Effectiveness products (e.g. marketing mix/attribution, cross-media brand lift) and Planning products (e.g. Nielsen Media Impact, Ad Intel). The ideal candidate will also have demonstrated the ability to cross-sell/upsell across the rest of the Plan/Optimize product portfolio. Candidates will also show aptitude in selling data and data analysis products, analytic consulting, client service, and adapting to the needs of a dynamic, ever-changing environment. The individual will also have great partnership skills internally – both with internal clients and within the Plan/Optimize team.
Select and Design Analytic Solutions
- Work with internal partners and directly with clients to understand client business needs.
- Leverage deep knowledge of Nielsen Plan/Optimize capabilities and methods to identify, adapt or innovate Nielsen solutions that meet client needs.
- Develop compelling presentations that illustrate how these solutions will be executed, how they will meet client needs and how they will improve client business performance.
Renew and Grow Nielsen Media Analytics Revenue
- Track subscriptions and collaborate with solutions consultants on renewing existing contracts with price increases and expansion of services
- Present solutions with solid presence and credibility. Inspire client confidence in Nielsen. Use consultative selling and negotiating skills to win business pitches.
- Build understanding of competitive offerings and Nielsen advantages.
- Proactively seek opportunities to expand penetration of core Plan/Optimize products/services through internal account planning and new business presentations.
- Build and broaden trust-based internal and external relationships to attract more opportunities.
- Proactively anticipate client needs and proactively innovate industry-relevant solutions to drive opportunities for client engagement.
Deliver on sold projects
- Clearly articulate project specs and timelines. Act as internal champion for the client to ensure client satisfaction.
- Review and analyze data, or coach junior/mid-level staff on their analysis of the data. Compose analytic stories that deliver on client needs and help clients take action to improve their business.
- 8+ years in media or marketing research, for research provider, advertiser, agency, other media company
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Knowledge of media industry (traditional and new media, role of media in client business, media effectiveness measurement techniques, media planning, etc.)
- Experience working in or for Advertiser clients
- Ability to build productive business relationships with diverse client personality types
- Ability to understand complex data and measurement concepts and innovate measurement solutions. For example, ability to understand Nielsen data and measurement methods well enough to take existing capabilities and modify them to suit client needs.
- Strong analytic aptitude with an eye for detail and a commitment to quality.
- Ability to present complex topics in a simplified manner to clients and potential prospects.
- Ability to build revenue through consultative selling and expansion of prior research projects
- Ability to handle multiple projects at varying phases of development/completion
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, highly responsive environment
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Offsite,Offsite
Secondary Locations: IL – Chicago, Remote, ,
Travel: Yes, 20% of the Time