North America / United States / NY / Offsite
Client Service & Sales
#: 106510-en_US / 106510
Director, Business Development – 106510
Client Services and Sales – USA Offsite, Offsite
ABOUT THIS JOB
Nielsen Tracking is the leading provider of real-time insights and reporting for video and audio commercial campaigns. We offer a large variety of services to Media Agencies, Advertisers, Broadcasters and Direct Response companies that provides them the ability to manage their advertising campaigns in-flight. Our desktop service takes the guesswork out of Media Buying, while our flexible deliverables provide granular data to help fuel models and analytics. Nielsen Tracking is a fast growing, high-paced business with clients across the U.S. as well as Canada and Mexico.
The Director of Business Development reports to the VP of Business Development and is responsible for closing new business as well as renewals for current clients. Target customers include advertising agencies, broadcasters, media companies, and advertisers. We are looking for a highly motivated, outgoing and aggressive, sales professional that can identify new revenue opportunities, close new business and build strong long-term relationships with current clients.
- Work closely with Direct Sales and Strategic Accounts team to procure new business while achieving aggressive quarterly revenue targets
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with clients
- Work closely with our internal support and product teams to help drive enhancements and new business ideas
- Manage current sales portfolio of agency, advertiser, and media accounts valued at $7MM annually
- Develop and conduct effective sales presentations that demonstrate the services of the Nielsen Tracking products to clients and prospects.
- Prepare, deliver, and follow up on client proposals and contracts
- 4 year degree in Business/Marketing or related
- 3+ years of advertising agency / media industry experience (Buying/Planning/Research a plus), with a minimum of 3 years in sales.
- Highly analytical, demonstrating meticulous attention to detail, and the ability to manage multiple clients, tasks and responsibilities concurrently
- Understanding of Nielsen products as well as the media industry
- Ability to build strong relationships with clients and internal teams
- Excellent communication, problem solving and organizational skills
- Professional and likeable demeanor, enthusiastic, and energetic team player who is also capable of working independently
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Offsite,Offsite
Secondary Locations: FL – Tampa – Oldsmar, , ,