North America / United States / NY / Offsite
Client Service & Sales
#: 89642-en_US / 89642
Director, Business Development – 89642
Client Services and Sales – USA Offsite, Offsite
ABOUT THIS JOB
The Director, Business Development, is a member of the Global Growth Partnerships team, dedicated to generating and managing revenue from a global leader in e-commerce, digital media and technology. The scope of the role includes understanding and selling Nielsen’s services, developing, executing a client engagement strategy, proactively seeking new contacts and building relationships, generating and managing a pipeline of new revenue opportunities, contract negotiation, closing new business and account management.
In this role, you will be responsible for working with the Global Account CBP, Regional Leads, Nielsen Product Specialists and Nielsen Product to develop and execute the global growth strategy, build and manage the commercial engagement with this client as one of the world’s fastest growing digital publisher and advertising platform, with a focus on infiltrating the organization, pipeline expansion and associated revenue.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong background in digital media and advertising, a proven track record of business development and account management. This person should be a respected leader, highly organized, have the desire to “knock on doors” to generate new contacts as well as building strong relationships with existing clients, comfortable delivering robust presentations, and able to adapt to the needs of a dynamic, ever-changing environment and client.
- Facilitate the on-going development & management of a global strategic account to proactively identify new opportunities to drive greater value and expand engagement beyond current business.
- Build trust-based relationships with key contacts at the client; strive to independently build deeper and wider relationships within and across client organization by building a comprehensive understanding of client and marketplace and leveraging prior experience and client service acumen.
- Identify and manage mutually beneficial opportunities to partner with the client, including new products and data integrations.
- Present opportunities to help clients grow our business through consultative selling and solid negotiating skills; grow revenue through sales of incremental products within an established client base.
- Manage internal & external stakeholders through complex/technical data integrations
- Drive and manage internal cross functional teams (product / legal / tech / SLT-level) to execute against client objectives.
- Close new business and secure contract renewals by structuring, negotiating and closing complex deals.
- Conduct client meetings to build and maintain high levels of customer satisfaction across all subscribing products.
- Articulate an excellent understanding of each product and solution, and how the data can be used to improve client’s business performance.
- Be educated on media ecosystem and Nielsen’s and client’s competitors to ensure Nielsen drives the best strategic outcomes for Nielsen and the client
- 5-8+ years of business development / sales experience
- Proven track record of generating new revenue streams and delivering overall revenue results
- Sales / “Hunter” mentality with strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated success being “in the spotlight” on a high growth, high visibility, strategic account
- BA or BS Degree
- Knowledge of Nielsen’s measurement solutions including Nielsen’s digital solutions, as well as strong Google suite capabilities
- Excellent communication skills to translate complex concepts into concise yet informative messaging for clients.
- Team player mindset
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Offsite,Offsite
Secondary Locations: , , ,