North America / United States / NY / Offsite
Marketing & Communications
#: 109863-en_US / 109863
Director, Client Communications (Remote) – 109863
Marketing and Communications – USA Offsite, Offsite
MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS – NIELSEN MEDIA
We aspire to be one diverse, empowered, expert, motivated, passionate and accountable team driving winning outcomes through marketing and communication strategies, programs and initiatives. We are relentlessly focused on our audiences. This enables us to create compelling brand perception and favorability. We propel product and solution growth and support outsized client, consumer, shareholder and community respect and engagement. We are insights and opportunity driven. We proactively fuel growth through well-honed strategies, creative and thoughtful programs and exceptional execution.
DIRECTOR, CLIENT COMMUNICATIONS
The Director of Client Communications will develop and implement communications strategies for all Nielsen products that reach advertisers, agencies, content creators and publishers. The role reports into the Business Marketing function and will work closely with Product and Commercial teams to ensure the messaging and positioning of Nielsen initiatives are clearly articulated and communicated to clients in a timely manner.
- Develop strategic and comprehensive client communications plans to ensure that Nielsen speaks with one voice internally, to clients and to the marketplace
- Ensure that the marketing and communications function is leveraging and experimenting with new communications tactics and techniques and ensure quality and consistency across all communications
- Draft client letters that support key business initiatives and underscore key product and corporate narratives
- Manage and streamline communications to multiple client audiences across three business units
- Manage client communications strategies during crisis situations, ensuring that clients are provided with accurate and timely information
- Manage multiple stakeholder groups to execute a regular cadence of written client communications and updates
- Manage a team that delivers product-related updates as well as broader client communications tailored to reinforce Nielsen’s vision, approach and path forward
- Oversee product communications, including emails, newsletters, webinars and internal communications
- Work with Salesforce, internal sales and commercial operations teams to ensure best practices are being leveraged for client engagement, including implementation and associated KPIs
- Minimum 5-7 years of relevant professional experience in Corporate Communications, Marketing or client engagement
- Bachelor’s degree
- Advanced writing and communications skills; experience developing communication plans.
- Experience with innovating communication approaches and launching new communication vehicles.
- Ability to work collaboratively across global cross-functional teams; comfortable interacting with senior leaders and executives.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in leading a team and function that has achieved measurable results.
- Proven track record of success with communicating during crises.
- Thorough knowledge and experience in the development of strategic communication strategies and evaluation techniques.
- Strong soft skills and analytical abilities to understand what’s needed to accomplish desired goals.
- Ability to balance competing priorities in a rapidly changing environment.
- Writing samples will be required.
- Have a roll-up-your-sleeves and get-it-done attitude – it is not enough to have great ideas, you must be able to get stuff done
- Equal parts analytical and creative, you have a talent for understanding and synthesizing complex information to tell a compelling story to your audience
- You are curious, an avid listener and a rapid iterator, asking the right questions and incorporating new information and feedback into your strategy and content
- You are comfortable always negotiating the balance of the “right now” of sales teams and the vision of product teams
- Playing well with others is a must. We work as a team and have no room for egos
- Be able to cultivate relationships inside and outside the organization
- Be able to work in a dynamic environment where new projects and deadlines pop-up often
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Offsite,Offsite
Secondary Locations: , , ,