North America / United States / NY / New York City
Client Service & Sales
#: 95301-en_US / 95301
Director, Client Solutions – 95301
Client Services and Sales – USA New York, New York
ABOUT THIS JOB
Nielsen is looking for a Director, Client Solutions focused on building new relationships across advertisers and agencies. The responsibilities include pursuing business across an assigned territory, as well as serving as a product expert on behalf of Nielsen’s National TV solutions – linear, addressable, advanced audiences, etc. – supporting account management teams as they pursue renewals and cross-sell opportunities.
In this role, you will be a leader on behalf of Nielsen’s National Audience Measurement solutions – identifying white space opportunities and developing strategies to win business across those opportunities. You will work cross-functionally within Nielsen to develop new packaging and align with product development teams on the needs of the marketplace.
With Nielsen’s upcoming developments toward Nielsen One, we are modernizing our panels, platforms and products to create a single, cross-media currency that allows clients to buy and sell across linear and digital platforms seamlessly. In this role, you will lead discussions on this solution suite as it progresses from a vision to the new currency of the media ecosystem.
- Grow revenue with advertisers and agencies
- Increase awareness of Nielsen solutions in whitespace areas
- Identify, prospect and develop new client relationships and generate new sales/product opportunities.
- Manage sales process from prospecting, to negotiating and closing contracts.
- Transition new business to appropriate account management teams for ongoing servicing, cross-sell and renewal.
- Maintain an accurate pipeline of opportunities and identify multiple paths to meeting revenue targets.
- Lead discussions with clients and prospects on behalf of your product set.
- In collaboration with product marketing team, develop and refine presentations to address the interests/needs of varying personas
- Develop and deliver impactful proposals tailored to the client’s business needs.
- Answer client questions relative to products effectively and in a timely manner.
- Develop solid understanding of each product and solution, and how the data can be used to improve business performance.
- Attend client and industry-specific meetings.
- Potential for a direct report, depending on the applicant’s experience.
- Bachelor’s degree and 7+ years experience in a revenue-focused business development or sales role. Experience at an advertising agency or marketing group at advertiser is a plus.
- Demonstrated record of exceeding individual sales targets.
- Contacts in media/marketing roles at F500 companies.
- Strong knowledge of television and cross-media advertising systems and business models.
- In-depth understanding of Nielsen data – usage and methodology
- Ability to grasp new concepts easily and be able to present them in a simplified manner to clients.
- Proven experience collaborating with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Outgoing and confident individual who is comfortable presenting to senior executives
- Domestic travel – up to 20% but only after current COVID restrictions are lifted and Nielsen employees are able to return to their respective offices.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: New York,New York
Secondary Locations: Remote, , ,