India / India / / Mumbai
#: 85745-en_US / 85745
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The statistical organization is at the core of Nielsen’s market research methodologies. Our associates are highly talented and capable professionals. We are client-focused and deliver quality and cutting-edge methods to enable Nielsen’s clients to gain valuable insights about their products and services. Data Scientists support product & methodology enhancement, new product roll-outs, sample design, universe estimation and data fusion. Data Scientists also ensure our survey methodology and design are aligned with global standards and industry best practices.
- Managing and developing team members.
- Lead the roll out of new or enhanced services & ensure sustainability.
- Consult with stakeholders and provide expert technical consultation to solve complex
- Statistical related issues.
- Interact with stakeholders on new methodology implementation to enhance the quality of
- Media services.
- Manage the development and application of technology skills to improve business processes through automation and programming tools.
- Coordinate internal training sessions to keep stakeholders informed of new or amended
- Statistical methodologies.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Computer Science, Engineering or Science discipline with outstanding analytical expertise and strong technical leadership
- No less than 5 years of work experience in the survey research industry with hands on experience in developing and executing survey research methodologies
- Strong team management skills
- Ability to communicate complex ideas in a simple way to internal stakeholders and clients
- Confident communication and presentation skills
- Ability to provide clients and internal stakeholders with knowledge and insight into research findings
- Experience with working in a computing environment, with large datasets and able to integrate across datasets will be an advantage
- Ability to manage simultaneous projects in a fast-paced business environment
- Strong understanding of how to use statistical techniques to analyse data
- Ability to identify and implement new research methodologies that will improve the business
ABOUT THE TEAM: