North America / United States / FL / Tampa – Oldsmar
Finance & Corporate Development
#: 89424-en_US / 89424
Director of Financial Planning and Analysis – 89424
Finance and Corporate Development – USA Oldsmar, Florida
This Finance Director position on the Media FP&A team will play a vital role in assisting with the company’s short-term and long-term financial forecasting, process optimization and key strategic initiatives This role provides the unique opportunity to obtain an in-depth view and understanding of the Media business’ investments, operations, technology and data science globally.
This is an excellent opportunity providing exposure to the business and finance leadership.
Budgeting, Forecasting, Reporting & Analysis
- Refine / manage the methodology and process for the annual budget and work with stakeholders to implement process improvements; consolidate for end-to-end roll up of financials for budget accuracy and understanding.
- Manage the consolidation of forecast for the year P&L and Capital investments on a monthly basis; partnering with the various regional/functional teams to ensure accurate forecasting. Report material variance drivers to budget & prior year for cost and capital trends. Manage the optimization of core drivers.
- Analyze KPIs for insights and analysis; Monthly presentations to senior management.
- Review and challenge business’ proposals.
- Consolidate Risks and Opportunities outside of the forecast
- Partner with commercial and product leaders for alignment on key initiatives; assisting in profitability reviews and determination of core levers.
Other Strategic Opportunities
- Creation of dashboard and visuals to drive decision making process.
- Identify opportunities for automating the planning processes, trend analysis and reporting actuals.
- Identifying and Implementing FP&A best practices to provide best in class budgeting, forecasting, planning and analysis and actioning solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting (or related field) required. MBA, CPA, or CFA preferred
- Minimum 10 years of demonstrated experience with an organization-wide financial planning and budgeting process and strategic analysis in a complex organization
- 5+ years of business-facing experience collaborating with commercial and operations teams to drive improved performance.
- A creative analytical mindset, with an ability to identify opportunities, solve problems and shape decisions through the application and analysis of data,
- Deep intellectual curiosity; excitement and eagerness for delving into complex challenges and opportunities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in order to effectively interface with all levels of the organization
- Proven leadership with success in building effective business partnerships at all levels of the organization, in addition to acting as a trusted partner and advisor
- Experience with SAP, Hyperion Essbase, TM1 (Planning Analytics) a plus but not required
The successful candidate will:
- Be open to a range of tasks and responsibilities never limited to a job description
- Be comfortable with change and adapting to new responsibilities in a fast-paced and ever changing job environment. Be able to pivot and reprioritize workload to best support shifting priorities.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Oldsmar,Florida
Secondary Locations: NY – New York City, IL – Chicago, Remote
Travel: Yes, 10% of the Time