North America / United States / NY / New York City
Technology & Engineering
#: 86108-en_US / 86108
Director of UX Research – 86108
Technology and Engineering – USA New York, New York
We are Nielsen, a global research company with almost a century of scientific expertise. If you can think of it, we’re measuring it. From global industry leaders and national regulatory bodies to small businesses, we work with them all. Every day our software empowers analysts, data scientists, and lawmakers in 100+ countries to make better decisions in our fast-changing world.
We’re looking for a Director of UX Research to lead a team of Researchers in New York City and London. Our software empowers advertisers, publishers and agencies with the intelligence they need to drive revenue, increase market share, and optimize their audiences and investments around the globe. You will help build and lead a team of researchers who will drive insights into innovative design decisions and product roadmaps.
As a Director of UX Research you will:
- Drive research strategy of high profile initiatives
- Manage a team of UX Researchers in NYC and London
- Manage project scope and priorities across our product portfolios
- Establish research frameworks, standards and best practices
- Manage product analytics requests, recommend and coordinate templates
- Coach and develop career of team members
- Work closely with a cross-functional, geographically distributed teams of product managers, designers, researchers, engineers and end-users
What are we looking for?
- At least 10 years of experience leading teams and a background in UX Research
- Managing global research initiatives
- People management experience
- Strong understanding of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during the product development process
- Proven experience in research roles in software and consumer-focused companies
- Strong expertise in qualitative and quantitative research methodology
Skills and mindset:
- Strong leadership qualities, building partnerships across the organization and understanding business and customer needs
- Attention for details, strong organizational and analytical skills and business acumen
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficiency with tools, such as usertesting.com, SPSS, Qualtrics, Web Analytics
- Comfortable working in a large, international, corporate and cross time-zone environment with remote teams
Extra points for:
- Knowledge and background working in the marketing industry
- Either a PhD or MA/MS in experimental psychology, human factors, human-computer interaction, market research or related field
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: New York,New York
Secondary Locations: , , ,