North America / United States / NY / New York City
#: 106526-en_US / 106526
Director, Product Management (Remote OK) – 106526
Product Leadership – USA New York, New York
Nielsen is a leading global data and analytics company that provides a holistic and objective understanding of the media industry. With offerings spanning audience measurement, audience outcomes and content, Nielsen offers its clients and partners simple solutions to complex questions and optimizes the value of their investments and growth strategies. It is the only company that can offer de-duplicated cross-media audience measurement. Audience is Everything™ to Nielsen and its clients, and Nielsen is committed to ensuring that every voice counts. An S&P 500 company, Nielsen offers measurement and analytics service in nearly 60 countries.
Digital Ad Ratings is a core component of Nielsen’s audience measurement portfolio, providing campaign metrics that fuel the buying and selling of advertising globally. Digital Ad Ratings provides census based measurement of ad campaigns across a variety of platforms.
The Director, Product Management will own the Digital Ad Ratings roadmap, executing against key initiatives to expand the capabilities of the product in line with the Media Rating Council’s cross-media standards. As Nielsen works toward true cross-platform deduplication as part of its Nielsen ONE initiative, this leader will play a pivotal role in transforming the product to be resilient to a changing privacy landscape while increasing reporting capabilities to provide measurement that is comparable across platforms. This person will lead a small team of product owners to define and execute against detailed requirements, partnering cross-functionally across technology, data science, operations and commercial teams.
- Ownership of the Digital Ad Ratings product roadmap, ensuring that the backlog is complete and prioritized based on business needs;
- Lead cross-functional teams to identify solutions complex challenges and align upon a clear plan of execution;
- Manage the full software development lifecycle, ensuring clarity on milestones, risks and mitigations;
- Meet with internal stakeholders and external clients to gather input to the product roadmap and to provide guidance on product features and usage;
- Lead a small team of product owners, ensuring adherence to agile principles and providing coaching and mentorship for career development;
- Develop written communications and collaborate on client-facing materials as needed to communicate product features and enhancements;
- Manage product financials, developing business cases for investment and improving the overall P&L.
- Minimum of 3 years of Digital Media experience with a general understanding of the ad operations process;
- Experience in Agile development practices;
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment with competing priorities;
- A bias for change and the ability to influence a team toward a culture of quality;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities;
- Ability to understand detailed technical and methodological implementations;
- Ability to distill complex technical concepts into business/layman’s terms;
- Strong communication, persuasion, interpersonal, and presentation skills;
- Client-facing experience with the ability to translate between internal and external client needs.
- Minimum of 3 years of Product Management experience
- People management experience
- Experience with Atlassian toolset (JIRA, Confluence)
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams
- Basic knowledge of statistical modeling
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: New York,New York
Secondary Locations: IL – Chicago, FL – Tampa – Oldsmar, Remote,