North America / United States / NY / New York City
Marketing & Communications
#: 88421-en_US / 88421
Director, Product Marketing – 88421
Marketing and Communications – USA New York, New York
MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS – NIELSEN MEDIA
We aspire to be one diverse, empowered, expert, motivated, passionate and accountable team driving winning outcomes through marketing and communication strategies, programs and initiatives. We are relentlessly focused on our audiences. This enables us to create compelling brand perception and favorability. We propel product and solution growth and support outsized client, consumer, shareholder and community respect and engagement. We are insights and opportunity driven. We proactively fuel growth through well-honed strategies, creative and thoughtful programs and exceptional execution.
PRODUCT MARKETING – NIELSEN MEDIA
We own the Marketing Strategy to drive business goals.
DIRECTOR PRODUCT MARKETING
The Director of Product Marketing will drive company growth through holistic marketing and communications strategies that reach advertisers, agencies and publishers. This role reports into the VP of Product Marketing and works cross-functionally across Marketing and Communications to drive go-to-market strategies for Nielsen ONE. As Nielsen creates a single cross-media currency, this product marketer will play a critical role in creating compelling market positioning that helps accelerate revenue growth.
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced Director of Product Marketing to work across Product, Sales and Communications to help bring Nielsen ONE to market with great fanfare.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive integrated marketing and communications go-to-market plan to broaden awareness and educate the marketplace about Nielsen ONE
- Facilitate customer acquisition and retention and increase the visibility of Nielsen’s solutions across stakeholder audiences
- Collaborate with a cross-functional MarCom team to support an integrated marketing plan that directly supports commercial priorities to grow existing revenue and engage new clients
- Prioritize and manage several projects and strategies at a time, ensuring all teams are pacing to meet agreed-upon timelines
- Serve as the primary liaison between Sales and Product to translate business strategies into marketing strategies to drive revenue
- Understand and build out buyer personas to inform campaigns, content and marketing
- Ensure that the voice of the customer is represented
- Minimum of 5-7 years experience in B2B Marketing, Media, and/or Sales
- Confident communicator with exceptional attention to detail, along with the proven ability to consistently make sound judgments and an ability to address senior business and technical audiences
- Amazing writing and PowerPoint/Slides skills with the ability to tell a cohesive story
- Excellent organization, project management and problem solving skills
- Experience leading multi-practice teams toward a common deliverable on frequently accelerated timeframes
- Strong collaborator and mentor with the ability to bring out the best in talent and effectively motivate teams
- Must be intellectually curious and collaborative, “humble, hungry and smart” with a strong work ethic
- Relationship building skills with the ability to interface with senior executives and experts across the organization
- Have a roll-up-your-sleeves and get-it-done attitude – it is not enough to have great ideas, you must be able to get stuff done
- Equal parts analytical and creative, you have a talent for understanding and synthesizing complex information to tell a compelling story to your audience
- You are curious, an avid listener and a rapid iterator, asking the right questions and incorporating new information and feedback into your strategy and content
- You are comfortable always negotiating the balance of the “right now” of sales teams and the vision of product teams
- Playing well with others is a must. We work as a team and have no room for egos
- Be able to cultivate relationships inside and outside the organization
- Be able to work in a dynamic environment where new projects and deadlines pop-up often
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: New York,New York
Secondary Locations: , , ,