North America / United States / CA / Los Angeles
Technology & Engineering
#: 90222-en_US / 90222
Director, Software Engineering (Remote OK) – 90222
Technology and Engineering – USA Los Angeles, California
Gracenote, a division of Nielsen, is the top provider of entertainment information, creating industry-leading databases of TV, movie, and music metadata for entertainment guides, applications and in car entertainment. Our customers include innovators like Amazon, Apple, Google, Tesla, CBS, Comcast, and other top media companies throughout the world. Our data and technology power billions of requests daily to hundreds of millions of devices around the world – you’ve probably used Gracenote data yourself in the past 24 hours. Simply put, data provides you with an opportunity to impact the evolution of the entire entertainment industry.
Gracenote is building a new team within its Content Services initiative, focused on helping content producers bring more amazing video content to fans worldwide. This is an opportunity to build a business from inception to delivery, backed by the best entertainment datasets in the world. With clients engaged and the product vision set, we’re looking to move towards development and execution.
We are presently looking for a Director of Engineering to build and lead the early stage product development team responsible for this new effort!
You will take a leadership role, partnering with experienced product and technology leaders within Gracenote to:
- Produce initial prototypes and concepts to test the market
- Build and lead the technology team responsible for developing the MVP – hire great people you want to work with
- Refine and execute a roadmap to grow the product to maturity
- Interface with platform teams within Gracenote and Nielsen to leverage existing technology
- This role is an opportunity to showcase your creativity, innovation, and leadership skills as we build a new team and a new product in a high growth area of our business!
For this role, we are looking for individuals who have:
- B.S. in Computer Science, Information Systems, related field or equivalent work experience
- Leadership experience in early phase product development
- Experience managing agile engineering teams
- Experience with modern SDLC techniques and modern architectural patterns (microservices, multi-tier architectures, etc.)
- Hands on attitude
- Broad technical experience or familiarity across multiple areas, including:
- Front end (UI/UX)
- Application and service tier
- Backend/data layer
- Data integration from multiple sources
- CI/CD and DevOps
- Container and container orchestration
- Cloud platforms (e.g., AWS)
- Passion for entertainment and media!
Our team views diversity as a strength and we are looking for people who will help us build an inclusive culture of belonging where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. Nielsen is a one hundred year old engineer-founded company that is even more relevant today. It’s a great place to make a career!
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Los Angeles,California
Secondary Locations: CA – Emeryville, Remote, PA – Pittsburgh,