North America / United States / NY / New York City
Client Service & Sales
#: 104521-en_US / 104521
Director, Solutions Consulting – Marketing Outcomes Measurement – 104521
Client Services and Sales – USA New York, New York
About the Job
Nielsen’s “Plan/Optimize” business helps clients address today’s most important issues in media planning and media effectiveness. Our team brings together industry thought leaders, expert consultants, leading measurement technologies and rich datasets. We harness this powerful combination to help clients make strategic and tactical business decisions that improve their success.
The Director, Solutions Consulting – Marketing Outcomes Measurement is responsible for collaborating with various Nielsen Plan Optimize (P/O) commercial consultants to support the consultation and sales of solutions across the marketing effectiveness portfolio including attribution, media mix modeling, and lift studies. For a specific engagement, the Director, Solutions Consulting – Marketing Outcomes Measurement will work with prospective clients and Nielsen commercial associates to identify solutions to meet prospective client’s needs, and work with business partners on proposals and business development.
- Build trust-based relationships with P/O direct sales teams, client service and Nielsen clients; Build relationships within and across Nielsen, P/O and client organizations by understanding the modern marketers needs and the competitive solution marketplace.
- Translate high-level business problems into more specific questions which can then be solved by Nielsen solutions and with the benefits that Nielsen solutions uniquely deliver
- Present solutions, including methodological deep dives, to help clients grow their business via Nielsen’s P/O solutions utilizing consultative selling skills; help to grow revenue through sales of solutions
- Act as an internal champion for the client by working collaboratively with internal partners and the team to coordinate efforts for clients where appropriate: project specifications, pipeline management and other support tasks.
- Partner and collaborate with the P/O Product and Technology teams on innovative solutions/enhancements to current P/O solutions and product offerings
- 8+ years in outcomes specific analytics with 3-5+ years specifically in marketing mix and attribution based analytics
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Deep understanding of analytic models, how they function with the ability to convey results to clients with actionable insights
- Ability to grasp new concepts easily, and be able to present them in a simplified manner to clients and potential prospects
- Technical proficiency in Office/Google Suite of software solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
- Excellent relationship builder and the ability to connect quickly with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; dynamic (persuasive) in presenting ideas to clients and prospective clients from VP to C-level
- Attention to detail – organization, quality and accuracy in the work is essential to success in the role
- Fast learner with the ability to work collaboratively with a willingness to lean in – need to jump in quickly, adapt and work in a collaborative team environment, managing multiple projects at once
- Demonstrated success driving organizational change within client organizations
- Experience with marketing mix and attribution based analytics and models
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: New York,New York
Secondary Locations: CA – Los Angeles, IL – Chicago, Remote,
Travel: Yes, 10% of the Time