India / India / / Mumbai
Technology & Engineering
#: 107301-en_US / 107301
ABOUT THE JOB
Nielsen‘s mission is to help marketers and media companies measure and improve advertising performance by accurately reporting on what consumers watch, see, or hear (whether on television, the web, in print, or on the radio).
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Director, you will be responsible for building the next generation tools to help Nielsen’s TV panel audience measurement. The candidate will collaborate with Product, Dsci & operations teams to ensure that the software is built per specifications and with the highest quality.
The candidate must be a self-starter with a desire to understand our unique business and the associated technical challenges. This requires a self-managed strong technical candidate that can take special projects from inception to completion.
- Responsible for architecture, coordination and development/delivery of technology solutions for the assigned technical stream(s)
- Develop project plans and team assignments, and direct and review daily project activities.
- Advanced knowledge of core Java, or JVM-based languages and/or Python
- Familiarity with Java frameworks like Spring boot
- Experience developing data-driven applications using an industry standard RDBMS (Oracle, PostgreSQL, etc.) and/or NoSQL database including SQL development skills
- Experience with AWS and micro services architecture is preferred
- Understanding of the SDLC process
- Experience working with International teams.
- Collaborate with internal and client management on identifying and prioritizing technical opportunities.
- Manage, coach and develop teams (full time & vendor resources)
- Bachelor of science degree in computer science or similar
- 10+ years’ experience in a large scale corporate technology department
- Experience in project & direct employee management
- Experience in leading technical teams
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to develop, train, inspire, and motivate team to accomplish objectives
- Ability to build good relationships with peers, business partners, and clients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
ABOUT THE TEAM
- You will be part of Nielsen’s platform teams.
- You will work on teams to migrate/refactor complex on-prem applications to AWS in addition to “cloud-first” application development.
- You will also contribute to the design and development of the DevOps strategy for software development.
- You are expected to be self-managed and technically strong who can take on special projects from inception to completion.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!