North America / United States / CA / Emeryville
Technology & Engineering
#: 91061-en_US / 91061
Director, Workplace Technology – 91061
Technology and Engineering – USA Emeryville, California
Job Purpose: The Director, Workplace Technology is a technology leadership position within the Technology Operations Infrastructure team reporting directly to the SVP Technology Operations. The key task of the role is end-to-end accountability for Nielsen’s global end-user technology ecosystem including workstations, A/V systems, printers and mobile devices.
This role can be remote and requires a highly accountable technology leader who can lead by example, has a strong understanding of relevant technology and operations and has successfully demonstrated the ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Lead a globally distributed team of support and management professionals
- Be accountable for technology lifecycle management including support activities, technology planning, refresh, deployment.
- Develop and drive long term strategic plan for workstation and support lifecycle management
- Escalation point to resolve critical issues including CSuite white glove support
- Manage a global technology budget of over $5M, ensuring the yearly planning and spend meets strategic goals.
- Ensure security and audit requirements for end user technology are met
- Proactively identify operational and technology weaknesses to improve service levels
- Partner with staffing vendors to ensure global support standards are being met and identify/remediate issues
- Need to be a visionary, looking to transform end user technology alongside Nielsen’s larger business and product transformation.
- Partner with other global infrastructure leaders to ensure shared goals are aligned and delivered on target
- Modernize and deploy enhanced device management tools and techniques
FOR THIS ROLE WE ARE LOOKING FOR INDIVIDUALS THAT HAVE:
- 8+ years technology/operations experience directly leading distributed teams in technical/operational settings
- Attention to detail and strong customer service mindset
- Demonstrated expertise with project and program management
- Demonstrated success in building project, program and/or technology management teams
- Hands-on expertise in technology strategy and end-user technology lifecycle management
- Strong communications skills at all organizational levels
- Track record of successful technology transformations
- Understanding of asset management best practices
- Used ServiceNow for service or asset management (or a relevant equivalent tool)
- Deep understanding of modern device management best practices and toolsets
- Demonstrated understanding of Workstation remote management tools and deployments
- Strong technical management experience with Windows, Mac and Linux operating systems
- Deep understanding of Active directory architecture and ecosystem
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Emeryville,California
Secondary Locations: Remote, , ,